75 Gr Hornady match bullet probs....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 75 Gr Hornady match bullet probs....

So... I've been trying to find a load that will work for my rifle with these bullets and I've gotten no luck. I've tried several different load amounts and I've even tried a few different powders. No luck. So I got home today from the range and measured the 40 or so that I had still sitting in my bullet tray. They ranged from 74.4-74.9 grains. Is that much of a deviation? I would think that a 75 grain bullet should weigh 75 grains? I pulled out and measured my 69 grain SMK's since they actually shoot very well out of my rifle and every freakin' one that I measured was right at 69 grains. Seems like I might have gotten a bad batch, or maybe my rifle just doesn't like them.

So I guess my question is, Is that enough deviation to cause issues? The best group that I've gotten is about 2" with those bullets. Also, anyone wanna buy some bullets, lol?
    04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Originally posted by Sean88gt
    There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

What twist is your barrel?
    "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

1-8
      04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

Comment

You could be a little borderline on stability. Are the Hornady's you're using Amax's? They are a bit longer than the MK's.

Comment

No, they are the match BTHP's. I've seen many reviews with guys that are running 1-9's and they are stabilizing fine. It's frustrating as hell, and looking at the long distance flight path I think that the 69's will actually work better for me anyways. There is a local guy who already vouched for all 700 of the ones that I still have bagged up.

But..... I wonder why I was having trouble with the accuracy so much.
          04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Comment

Kinda odd those are very similar if one works the other should as well. Could be your barrel just doesn't like them it's not uncommon for that to happen, at least you can sell them easily.

Comment

Yeah man, that seems like it's the issue. This is the first gun I've actually had "reject" one of my handloads. My .308 eats up pretty much anything I throw at it, but some stuff is just a little better.
              04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Comment

Could be the distance they are having to jump maybe, since some don't like that at all.

Comment

I have a box at home unopened had I read this last night I'd tell you if they're off. But I can say the 150 Lapua I use all weight 150 grains. As well as my SMK.

Comment

My MK's were usually + or - 0.2 from advertised the Amaxs I have are about the same and the Nosler CC's are within 0.1 but I have yet to try them or talk to anyone that has used them in 7mm.

Comment

Working...
                    X