Any experience with 260?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any experience with 260?

Just curious? I have been talking to a few people and narrowed down what cartridge I'm going to build my next project around. Remington 260 won over the 6.5 x 47 Lapua. I just think that the brass is easier to come by for the 260 which is a pretty big deal. And the fact that Lapua could just make that brass skyrocket whenever they please and there isn't much that can be done about it.

I'm just curious if any of you guys has any experience with it, or has seen it perform at any long range matches. Let me know what your thoughts are about it.

Also, I just felt a buddy of mines McMillan A-5 and honestly didn't like it that much. I'm getting with another buddy of mine tomorrow that has an AICS and I'm going to see what I think of that. I'm thinking that at the price between the two, and the fact that I wasn't that big of a fan of the A-5 that I'm going to lean towards the AI. Any experience with the AI is welcome also.
    04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Originally posted by Sean88gt
    There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

260 is a darn good round for LR shooting and is pretty darn accurate as is most 308 based rounds. It can leave a little on the table depending on the type of bottom metal you use though since some mags limit your COAL and require the bullet to be seated kinda deep which takes up powder rel-estate. That reason alone is why some choose the 6.5L or 6.5 Creedmoor but with both of those you are limited to one brass manufacturer, although the 6.5 Creedmoor brass can be made from 308win brass. The 260 is holding a pretty good grip on the tac comp runnings with the 243 and 7mm-08 in close seconds, the 260 and 7mm-08 are also very popular int he Hunter class silhouette sports. The only downfall to the 260 will be barrel life is shorter than some would like.

As far as the AI chassis system goes I hated the feel of them but they are built rock solid and offer a good platform to use. I would get behind every stock you can to get a good feel of them all. I was skeptical of the Manners I got since I couldn't find anyone in my area with a T5 but I absolutely love it after shooting it and handling it.
    "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Yeah F Lapua, anything their name is on is $$$.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
        Yeah F Lapua, anything their name is on is $$$.
        Well, good brass is expensive. I just didn't want something that seems to be proprietary ya know? I just found a "steal" on some norma brass last night. $190 for 200 pieces of it. I cringed when I wrote that, but I'm looking forward to this build.
        04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

Comment

Originally posted by slowyellow View Post
          Well, good brass is expensive. I just didn't want something that seems to be proprietary ya know? I just found a "steal" on some norma brass last night. $190 for 200 pieces of it. I cringed when I wrote that, but I'm looking forward to this build.
          I've been shooting F class for years and I've never seen a damn bit of difference between brass and their costs. I think it's just a bunch of BS.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by dee View Post
            260 is a darn good round for LR shooting and is pretty darn accurate as is most 308 based rounds. It can leave a little on the table depending on the type of bottom metal you use though since some mags limit your COAL and require the bullet to be seated kinda deep which takes up powder rel-estate. That reason alone is why some choose the 6.5L or 6.5 Creedmoor but with both of those you are limited to one brass manufacturer, although the 6.5 Creedmoor brass can be made from 308win brass. The 260 is holding a pretty good grip on the tac comp runnings with the 243 and 7mm-08 in close seconds, the 260 and 7mm-08 are also very popular int he Hunter class silhouette sports. The only downfall to the 260 will be barrel life is shorter than some would like.

As far as the AI chassis system goes I hated the feel of them but they are built rock solid and offer a good platform to use. I would get behind every stock you can to get a good feel of them all. I was skeptical of the Manners I got since I couldn't find anyone in my area with a T5 but I absolutely love it after shooting it and handling it.
            Thanks for the input. I'm looking forward to feeling that AI chassis today, and if I don't like it, I'm back to square one. Hopefully I'll love it and I can go ahead and pull the trigger on one of those. There is a company out there that offers new skins for it for a pretty reasonable price IMO. I'll link the company. But it pretty much turns it into the AX chassis without the goofy looking front part IMO.
            04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Comment

Thanks for the input. I'm looking forward to feeling that AI chassis today, and if I don't like it, I'm back to square one. Hopefully I'll love it and I can go ahead and pull the trigger on one of those. There is a company out there that offers new skins for it for a pretty reasonable price IMO. I'll link the company. But it pretty much turns it into the AX chassis without the goofy looking front part IMO.
              If you decide you like it, I would recommend http://www.milehighshooting.com/ for the chassis.

Comment

I've been shooting F class for years and I've never seen a damn bit of difference between brass and their costs. I think it's just a bunch of BS.
                Really? Damn my buddies, lol. Well I guess I'm just going to have some expensive ass brass around for a while. Even in life of the brass when you really push it you don't notice a difference between the cheaper brass.
                04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Comment

If you decide you like it, I would recommend http://www.milehighshooting.com/ for the chassis.
                  Already talked to them. That's where I'm getting my Arbiter too if they ever come back in stock. Just talked to the lady there yesterday and she said probably another two to three weeks for the can.

They offer a pretty killer military discount too. I can get out of there with the AICS 2.0 for under 1K shipped.
                  04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Comment

Oh, and I forgot that link for the skins. Here it is:

04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Comment

Really? Damn my buddies, lol. Well I guess I'm just going to have some expensive ass brass around for a while. Even in life of the brass when you really push it you don't notice a difference between the cheaper brass.
                      Competition is all about repeatability. As long as you're using the same brass, and you scale your brass/verify concentric and make sure it's all trimmed/deburred identical you'll be fine. I suppose those premier brass manufacturers would make sense if you didn't know how or want to choose your brass yourself. I personally use federal nickel cases for my loads and could never see a difference between any of the high dollar cases.

Comment

I would run Nosler or Winchester brass if possible, the Norma stuff can get loose primer pockets pretty easy some times. The plus with Lapua brass (now available in 260) is you can get tons of loadings out of them although annealing is required for the best longevity and consistent neck tension.

I believe your talking about Viper skins for the AI and I've heard nothing but good out of them.

Comment

Where are you shooting F class at been wanting to try it out.

Comment

Competition is all about repeatability. As long as you're using the same brass, and you scale your brass/verify concentric and make sure it's all trimmed/deburred identical you'll be fine. I suppose those premier brass manufacturers would make sense if you didn't know how or want to choose your brass yourself. I personally use federal nickel cases for my loads and could never see a difference between any of the high dollar cases.
                            Gotcha man. I guess I figured that the 260 brass is pretty hard to come by and I found the "good stuff" for a better price than the normal butt raping, lol. Also the guy who is building my barreled action prefers norma brass and already has a load that he said is "very close" to what the actual load is for his guns. So I also figured that it'd be best to use what he is recommending.
                            04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Comment

Originally posted by dee View Post
                              I would run Nosler or Winchester brass if possible, the Norma stuff can get loose primer pockets pretty easy some times. The plus with Lapua brass (now available in 260) is you can get tons of loadings out of them although annealing is required for the best longevity and consistent neck tension.

I believe your talking about Viper skins for the AI and I've heard nothing but good out of them.
                              Annealing is pretty easy and cheap to do. I like Nosler as well. You can fix loose primer pockets pretty easy also.

Comment

Working...
                              X