"Dumb" reloading questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gtracer View Post
    I have a 12' work bench in the garage. I am going to cut it in half, move it to the corner of the garage and have an 'L' shaped work station. Already have cabinets and peg board. Need a few more storage containers and the press and accessories.

Thanks for the help.
    No problem. I'm already jealous of your space.
    04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Originally posted by Sean88gt
    There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

Comment

I would consider it almost a necessity to sort by headstamp. Some may disagree, but for certain it will save you some depriming pins sooner or later

And for stuff you've picked up, remember, there is a reason someone else left it there.

Comment

Originally posted by Bassics View Post
        I would consider it almost a necessity to sort by headstamp. Some may disagree, but for certain it will save you some depriming pins sooner or later

And for stuff you've picked up, remember, there is a reason someone else left it there.
        I'll agree that sorting will help with this. But I've never broken a depriming pin on a crimped case. But I have broken a lot of them with steel cased ammo that had been brass plated.

Do yourself a favor and get a strong magnet and run it over all of your "brass" before you deprime it. I learned the hard way, but there is stuff that looks just like brass and it took me 3 broken depriming pins to find out what was doing it. I got a magnet, and haven't broken one since.
        04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

Comment

I have a giant magnet I use to pull the steel out since I was just sweeping up my shooting area and taking it all home to sort later. Have only missed a coupe of alum cases but I caught those when hand sorting later.
          Jon

Comment

That turret is badass. How repeatable is a rig like that?

The more I learn about reloading, the more I want to start. I'd love to make my own 9mm/.223/300blk plinker and .223 match loads without having to rely on midway or sportsmans guide or whomever. Maybe it'll be in my budget in Q2 2013

We need a real time updated spreadsheet for reloading deals.
            IMG_0424

Comment

Originally posted by GAP View Post
              That turret is badass. How repeatable is a rig like that?

The more I learn about reloading, the more I want to start. I'd love to make my own 9mm/.223/300blk plinker and .223 match loads without having to rely on midway or sportsmans guide or whomever. Maybe it'll be in my budget in Q2 2013

We need a real time updated spreadsheet for reloading deals.
              I've got a dillon 650 and I do my match ammo (except my bolt gun) on it. I did modify the toolhead with a kit that basically bolts the toolhead in and removes all of the vertical play in the toolhead. But powder throws are within .1 grain and seating depth is very repeatable.

Go ahead and talk yourself into getting a setup, you won't regret it. As far as the rifle stuff goes, I didn't really feel that it was "worth" the hassle until I started using quality components. If you want the same it's going to cost 4 x's as much money. And FORGET buying match ammo for my bolt gun.

You can load pistol stuff up a lot cheaper than you can buy it.

Bottom line, you get better QC and better ammo for less money. No brainer for me!
              04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Comment

I am working on getting the challenger anniversary kit but I too will have to wait until next pay day. I just bought 500 75 gr A-max boat tails for my 1:8 20" setup and went ahead and jumped on a set od Redding .223,10mm and 45acp dies.

Cant wait, feels like a little kid on Christmas morning. Been watching those presents build up, now you get to tear into them. Plus it keeps me out of trouble with the wife..lol
                You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
                Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
                You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

Is that an AR? If so, the A-max's can't be seated mag length. Well they can, but they look funny. You can just run the 75 gr match BTHP's. I think that's a lot better choice for a AR. Just thought I'd give you a heads up.
                  04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Comment

Originally posted by slowyellow View Post
                    Is that an AR? If so, the A-max's can't be seated mag length. Well they can, but they look funny. You can just run the 75 gr match BTHP's. I think that's a lot better choice for a AR. Just thought I'd give you a heads up.
                    Aww hell, just saw this. Good thing I re-thought my order and only purchased 100 of them. Figured 500 was a bit steep for a projectile I have no experience with.

Anyone got some 75gr Match BTHP's they want to trade for?
                    You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
                    Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
                    You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

Working...
                    X