What am i missing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What am i missing?

I don't need you to tell me anything about components yet, I'm getting together some once fired brass and the rest I'll need ...
    I'm starting with 1000 of each of these
    9mm
    45acp
    762x39
    308 win ('match' like level)

I ordered a forster coax press
    I got my harbor freight 18lb vibratory tumbler + fine walnut media

Hornady Unique Case Lube 4 oz Tu...

RCBS Collet Bullet Puller Collet... .30
    RCBS Collet Bullet Puller Collet... .35
    RCBS Collet Bullet Puller Collet... .45
    RCBS Collet Bullet Puller

Frankford Arsenal Powder Funnel kit
    Frankford Arsenal DS-750 Electronic scale
    Redding Match Grade 3BR Powder Measure with general and pistol micrometer things

Forster Original Case Trimmer

Lee Deluxe Carbide 4-Die Set 45 ...
    Lee Deluxe Carbide 4-Die Set 9mm...
    Redding 3-Die Set 307, 308 Winch...
    Redding 2-Die Set 7.62x39mm

5 MTM Flip-Top Ammo Box 22-250 Rem...100-round boxes
    5 MTM Flip-Top Ammo Box 22-250 Rem...100-round boxes
    5 MTM Flip-Top Ammo Box 380 ACP, 9...100-round boxes
    5 MTM Flip-Top Ammo Box 40 S&W, 10...100-round boxes

Hand primer, calipers and on rifle cartridges I measure OAL off the Ogive so a bullet comp from one of the various makers as well.
    "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

was going to wait and see if I wanted a hand primer, many liked the forster coax way....

I have digital calipers

not sure why you would measure OAL off the ogive. I was just going to use my calipers vs. a tool (look like they just hold the bullet for you is all they accomplish IMO)

Comment

It's far more precise when measuring off the Ogive the tips can very a good bit. This is mainly a concern for loading for a specific chamber, as when the bullet is seated out farther than spec for a longer throat. The less jump to the lands the bullet has usually means the accuracy is more consistent. When loading bulk rounds for the 7.62x39 you will be more concerned about feeding and function so a tip-to-tip measurement will be more desirable.

Comment

Originally posted by dee View Post
          Hand primer, calipers and on rifle cartridges I measure OAL off the Ogive so a bullet comp from one of the various makers as well.
          Originally posted by dee View Post
          It's far more precise when measuring off the Ogive the tips can very a good bit. This is mainly a concern for loading for a specific chamber, as when the bullet is seated out farther than spec for a longer throat. The less jump to the lands the bullet has usually means the accuracy is more consistent. When loading bulk rounds for the 7.62x39 you will be more concerned about feeding and function so a tip-to-tip measurement will be more desirable.
          Listen to da man... For that "match type" 308 you are wanting to load, you need to measure OAL from the ogive. It only makes sense if you understand it. I'm not trying to insult you, but really it is the only consistent way to measure OAL. How do you think that the seating die seats the bullet? Not from the tip brother. They are pretty inexpensive too. I'll try and find the one that I use and post it up in here for you.
          04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Originally posted by Sean88gt
          There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

Comment

ok ok I got it. I'll get one of those

any thing else look missing ?
            like maybe a primer pocket tool or some shit ?

Comment

Depending on how fine the media is a primer pocket brush might be needed, also a chamfer and debur tool will be needed. Also make sure your trimmer comes with the proper stuff needed to work, some need a shell holder and collets(most of the time the collets are included for the common sizes).

Comment

Here is a link to those gauges. I've got one and find it to be an invaluable tool in my room.

04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Originally posted by Sean88gt
                There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

Comment

Originally posted by slowyellow View Post
                  Here is a link to those gauges. I've got one and find it to be an invaluable tool in my room.

http://www.pacifictoolandgauge.com/reloadingtool.htm
                  Anything PT&G makes is quality stuff.

Comment

Working...
                  X