Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to look for in .223 reloading brass...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to look for in .223 reloading brass...

Have a guy I can buy some from that reloads. He is selling brass as well! 500 for $85 or $250 for 1,500, mixed head stamps.

Is that a good price? I just got my reloading kit and am currently reading the book that came with it... So I am slowly buying supplies. Just looking for plinking rounds. Not shooting competitions or anything.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

From what I have learned:

No steel of course, run a magnet over all of the cases to help pick any out...never trust the person selling the cases.

I know dings and dents are okay but then again, I am not sure as to what degree 'okay' is, I have seen alot of dinged cases at some of the shows and I dont think the sizing die fixes anything other than the neck...

But then again, I dont know much....

And $85 for 500 is okay....usually you see them for $50 per 500, just as recent as a couple of weeks ago....at the gun show of all places.
    Originally posted by Sean88gt
    You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
    Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
    You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

LOL HOLY SHIT, I use to sell 1000 cases for $70. No that is pretty ridiculous honestly. $100/1000 is as much as I would pay, personally. But, things are crazy right now, but that is extremely high, more than double what it was a few weeks ago. Are these already sized and trimmed?
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Whats a good price for OF brass (.223) that is already trimmed, sized, and primed?

Comment

Originally posted by danielhv View Post
          Whats a good price for OF brass (.223) that is already trimmed, sized, and primed?
          a good price would be $175/1000.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
            a good price would be $175/1000.
            Damn. Gun range here is selling them $25 for 100.

Comment

Originally posted by danielhv View Post
              Damn. Gun range here is selling them $25 for 100.
              They're making money off of small time single stage reloaders.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                They're making money off of small time single stage reloaders.
                Yea, this sucks. I want to reload some shit but nothing is in stock! been staring at my kit in boxes for a month now. Assholes.

Comment

Working...
                X