Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last Super I had was a Colt series 80.
    "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

• Just pick up a witness in .38 super.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• What about 9x18 (Makarov)? I know it'r marginally better than .380 acp but would still like to see it in comparison in the chart.
        "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackGT View Post
          What about 9x18 (Makarov)? I know it'r marginally better than .380 acp but would still like to see it in comparison in the chart.
          Then read the chart again...
          2012 GT500

Comment

• Hang on, now. Where'd you get your numbers for .445 SuperMag? There's no way it's less than .44 Magnum.

Hodgdon shows a 180 grain bullet at 1992 fps (1586 fpe, 359 power factor),
            200 grain bullet at 1885 fps (1578 fpe, 377 power factor),
            225 grain bullet at 1864 fps (1736 fpe, 419 power factor) and
            240 grain bullet at 1798 fps (1722 fpe 432 power factor).
            Originally posted by Broncojohnny
            HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
              Hang on, now. Where'd you get your numbers for .445 SuperMag? There's no way it's less than .44 Magnum.

Hodgdon shows a 180 grain bullet at 1992 fps (1586 fpe, 359 power factor),
              200 grain bullet at 1885 fps (1578 fpe, 377 power factor),
              225 grain bullet at 1864 fps (1736 fpe, 419 power factor) and
              240 grain bullet at 1798 fps (1722 fpe 432 power factor).
              Is hodgdon listing the pressures for those loads?
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
                Then read the chart again...
                Can't see the chart on my computer, and didn't read beyond the 2nd page...
                If it's there, great.
                "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
                  Is hodgdon listing the pressures for those loads?
                  No
                  HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

• Originally posted by Geor! View Post
                    Discontinued. That's the first manufacturer I checked.

Time to check various sites.
                    check out STI's site. NICE 1911's in .38 super but hide your wallet.

Comment

• .51 Gyrojet, Dardick .38, Voere 5.7, .50 ARES TARG
                      Originally posted by lincolnboy
                      After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackGT View Post
                        Can't see the chart on my computer, and didn't read beyond the 2nd page...
                        If it's there, great.
                        Yup. It's there
                        2012 GT500

Comment

• Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                          .51 Gyrojet, Dardick .38, Voere 5.7, .50 ARES TARG
                          LOL @ your ridiculous shit.

Comment

No
                            Do the supermags even list a maximum pressure? That's the reason wildcats are hard to quantify, how do I know it isn't a dangerous load? For this chart to work psi must be fixed.

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
                              Do the supermags even list a maximum pressure? That's the reason wildcats are hard to quantify, how do I know it isn't a dangerous load? For this chart to work psi must be fixed.
                              No, but would Hodgdon publish unsafe loads? Just glancing at them, they have 5-10 grains more powder compared to their .44 Magnum counterparts, and that's with .3"+ more case. I've shot the 240 grain load in my SuperMag with no pressure signs, either.
                              HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

No, but would Hodgdon publish unsafe loads? Just glancing at them, they have 5-10 grains more powder compared to their .44 Magnum counterparts, and that's with .3"+ more case. I've shot the 240 grain load in my SuperMag with no pressure signs, either.
                                I really doubt they would, I've always found their loads to be pretty conservative. I'll update those loads.

Comment

Working...
                                X