Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIA makes a .38 Super 1911 that's pretty inexpensive. What's their reputation? The Colts are going for $1-3k. Since I'm not a locomotive navigator, that's kinda out of my price range.
    How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

• Originally posted by Geor! View Post
      RIA makes a .38 Super 1911 that's pretty inexpensive. What's their reputation? The Colts are going for $1-3k. Since I'm not a locomotive navigator, that's kinda out of my price range.
      a lot of people like Rock Island, I have heard more people talk shit about Kimbers than I have RIA

I've never shot either, so there ya go

Comment

• Originally posted by Geor! View Post
        RIA makes a .38 Super 1911 that's pretty inexpensive. What's their reputation? The Colts are going for $1-3k. Since I'm not a locomotive navigator, that's kinda out of my price range.
        The RIA guns are no high end springfield or Sig. I have their TCM/9mm pistol and the fitting is a little loose but it functions great. The triggers are proprietary and i had a small issue with the thumb safety so i installed a Wilson safety and fixed it. Great gun for the money and goes bang every time.

Also a very customer driven company. Martin the CEO reaches out to customers constantly.

Comment

• Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
          The RIA guns are no high end springfield or Sig. I have their TCM/9mm pistol and the fitting is a little loose but it functions great. The triggers are proprietary and i had a small issue with the thumb safety so i installed a Wilson safety and fixed it. Great gun for the money and goes bang every time.

Also a very customer driven company. Martin the CEO reaches out to customers constantly.
          That just turned me off from RIA...I think I'll just build one in .38 Super.
          كافر

Originally posted by sc281
          Always better to be an Uncle than a Father. All the fun stuff and none of the expensive stuff.
          Originally posted by Trick Pony
          ...from what I've seen on here bcoop knows his shit when it comes to smoking meat.

Comment

• .41AE?? It is actually still factory loaded...by UZI, used to be loaded by Samson also.....

Comment

• Originally posted by HOOCBB View Post
              That just turned me off from RIA...I think I'll just build one in .38 Super.
              do check my info. The single stack guns may be different and I could be wrong. I know the trigger on mine is proprietary but feels good enough for what I want the gun to do...I'm picky btw when it comes to triggers.

Comment

• I had an RIA compact I bought off Samhain. It worked fine with 230gr ball ammo. It didn't work for shit with any other ammo period. I'm pretty sure that's all the compacts were designed for. But, for a $300 1911 what do you expect? They are a great entry 1911, but if you own a few pistols and intend to shoot your 1911 often, you might look elsewhere.
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• RIA is another brand made by Armscor, so if you trust Armscor, you should trust RIA. I am under the impression that they have a higher materials/QC standard than standard Armscor products, like the STI Spartan line.
                  ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

• Originally posted by YOLO View Post
                    RIA is another brand made by Armscor, so if you trust Armscor, you should trust RIA. I am under the impression that they have a higher materials/QC standard than standard Armscor products, like the STI Spartan line.
                    I'm sorry, I just lost the ability to focus my eyes, my brain seems to think a comparison between STI and RIA was just made.
                    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Any info on .375 JDJ? SSK makes barrels chambered in that caliber for Contender pistols.
                      Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                      Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
                        I'm sorry, I just lost the ability to focus my eyes, my brain seems to think a comparison between STI and RIA was just made.
                        Slow down, chief. I didn't compare STI to Para, or anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by YOLO View Post
                          Slow down, chief. I didn't compare STI to Para, or anything.
                          I just reread it, you definitely compared STI to RIA via Armscor.

Comment

The entry level STI 1911 (Spartan) is an Armscor built gun with all STI fitted small parts.
                            "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

I'll add this disclaimer:

STI Spartan > RIA

Comment

He speaks the truth.
                                Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                                HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Working...
                                X