This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Geor! View Post
    I dunno about you, but that's something I would want.
    I like it as well, but these are 4.6" barrels, as 10mm likes longer barrels. I shot a small pig with a 135gr moving at 1600fps in the side, one entrance wound and about 5 exit wounds. It shoots real flat and you could kill someone at 200yds if you could hit them. It has a huge fireball. I remember it was relatively accurate, but it was really screaming and the bullets were probably deforming, I don't think you have a chance of hitting something at 100yds with that hot of a load.

As a matter of fact here is a video of vadertt shooting my delta, the first mag is 200gr @ 1200fps, the last two mags are 135gr @ 1600fps. You can see a noticable difference in muzzle flash. At night that could be a problem for a CCW.

10mm for carry is just a hassle, all the guns are big, heavy, and uncomfortable.
    Last edited by CJ; 01-31-2013, 01:04 PM.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

45 gap

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzo View Post
        45 gap
        Ah, damnit yes that's one I was going to add and forgot. It's a hassle to re-finalize it now, that's really more of a one-off caliber, only glocks shoot it (and they are not very popular at that). From it's hottest load it would be between .357 sig and .45LC.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

fuck it, I added .45 GAP. It is a SAAMI approved mainstream cartridge. I was surprised by it's power, I wasn't aware it could be loaded that hot, but it basically fixes all the low pressure issues of .45 ACP so it makes sense.

Comment

Are we missing any more cartridges?

I noticed early on which I found interesting. If you notice at .50AE and above there is a big change in the power curves. The energy delivery exceeds the velocity. That only happens on the big magnum rounds.

Comment

45 super
              yes i know your tired of hearing that, but im tired of hearing about 10mm damn already!

Comment

Originally posted by futant View Post
                45 super
                yes i know your tired of hearing that, but im tired of hearing about 10mm damn already!
                lol, I'm starting the wildcat spreadsheet now, and we'll see where they call fall.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                  Most all of that is out of pressure spec, but .38 super load listed is a buffalo bore load.
                  Why didn't you use the faster load buffalo offers? 115gr @ 1450fps
                  "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Originally posted by dee View Post
                    Why didn't you use the faster load buffalo offers? 115gr @ 1450fps
                    That's +p, not factory pressures.

38 SUPER +P 115 gr. JHP - 1450fps/537 ft. lbs. - 20 Round Box
                    If I started using +P pressures 38 super would jump a few places and then fall right back to where it is when all the other calibers are loaded to +P, and 10mm would go thermonuclear, nothing would make sense, have to draw the line somewhere.

Comment

• give me some wildcat cartridges now, I have 9x25, .460 rowland, .45 super...

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
                        10mm would go thermonuclear
                        You know you just saying that is going to make Anthony jizz in his pants, right?
                        Originally posted by Silverback
                        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                          You know you just saying that is going to make Anthony jizz in his pants, right?
                          People who load 10mm are crazy (me included). You'll find loads way the hell over max pressure, the case can take it. I've had a 185gr @ 1650fps in a G20. But that's probably true for a lot of cartridges. Not really a measure of how powerful a cartridge is, just how crazy the people who load it are.

Comment

People who load 10mm are crazy (me included). You'll find loads way the hell over max pressure, the case can take it. I've had a 185gr @ 1650fps in a G20. But that's probably true for a lot of cartridges. Not really a measure of how powerful a cartridge is, just how crazy the people who load it are.
                            Oh, he crazy...
                            Originally posted by Silverback
                            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

That's +p, not factory pressures.

If I started using +P pressures 38 super would jump a few places and then fall right back to where it is when all the other calibers are loaded to +P, and 10mm would go thermonuclear, nothing would make sense, have to draw the line somewhere.
                              It's designated as a +p after the change in 1974 to distinguish it from the 380acp which will chamber both. All 38 super will say +p or is supposed to. I've been looking at a compact 1911 in 38 super so I have researched it a good bit lately.
                              "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

• I have an AR15 now. I'm all about the .458 SOCOM and .300 Blackout.
                                Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                                HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Working...
                                X