AR15 LPK DIY cost savings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AR15 LPK DIY cost savings?

So, with the recent AR15 lower group buy I'll be getting in many lowers. (Greater than 10)

Knowing that it will be a while before I need any LPK's, I was wondering if it would be any kind of a cost savings to put together my own LPK's. I mean, if I buy 10 LPK's @ $100/per but could save myself $20/per by putting the LPK's together myself, over time, I'd be MORE than willing to do so especially knowing how long I have till I need them.

I guess I'll go a bit further and ask if there are any other kits I could save myself some cash on by buying in bulk or via piece meal.

I'll be doing my own research on this subject but thought I'd ask those of you who know MUCH more than I about such things.

Thanks!
    Darren
    Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
    There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

If you want to save some money, wait a couple of months and prices will normalize again. I think it is probably cheaper to buy the LPKs personally, but I sure as hell wouldn't do it now.

Comment

Last time Obama got elected it took the market 7 or 8 months to come back down to more normal levels. Like jakesford said just give it a few months and prices shouldn't be so astronomical anymore. Probably still won't be as low as pre-craziness prices, but better than they are now.
      92 LX 5.0

Comment

I looked into doing exactly what you are talking about a few months ago. Believe it or not, price really was about the same, and the dpms kit was actually cheaper by a couple of bucks than buying the parts individually. YMMV

Comment

I say wait then we should have a lpk BG?
          sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
          🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Originally posted by soap View Post
            I say wait then we should have a lpk BG?
            I'm in.
            03 cobra

Comment

In
              There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

in for four. if it go's down,

FYI there is "NO" LPK group buy, just a GB segregation.
                Last edited by soap; 03-24-2013, 04:18 PM.

🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

If there's a group buy I'm in the need for 7 or 8 lpk's.... some milspec tubes and buffers would be great as well.
                  It happens to be a well thought out and reasoned dissertation on drug use and a lyrical cost/benefit analysis of various kinds of drugs, drawing the conclusion that beer is the best of them all.

Comment

3 LPK's here... $100 a piece, $280 for all... I am not affiliated w/ this FS post

Comment

Heck once it comes closer to time to get our GB lowers I would definitely be in for some LPK's!! BTW Core15 still has LPK's in stock at $74.95.
                      92 LX 5.0

Comment

i say if we wait till mid summer when to do it. the prices will be just right.

🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

I would be in for a few lowers as well if a GB happens. I've got two lowers from the lower GB that I will need to assemble!
                          Originally posted by Leah
                          Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

man i miss the good ole days. my first GB with y'all $49 lowers & $20 dpms LPK's...

in a few months if we do a LPK GB. wonder how cheap we can get em under $50?

🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Working...
                            X