Brake on a .308

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake on a .308

Put this on last night. Hopefully it will help stop my muzzle rise.

sigpic
    Tags:

why u need flashlight on scoped rifle ?
    blind them and run further away first so can see them through scope?

Comment

You better double up on hearing protection.
      "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Originally posted by futant View Post
        I'm thinking varment hunting at night...
        "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Originally posted by BlackGT View Post
          I'm thinking varment hunting at night...
          Yea. I need about .5 seconds to get a beat on them with light after I put away my NV and they settle down.
          sigpic

Comment

looks like more of a brake and less of a comp. If you wanna counteract rise, look for a comp instead.

Comment

The Battlecomp BABC is where it's at for counteracting muzzle rise. IMO

Comment

Originally posted by FunFordCobra View Post
                Yea. I need about .5 seconds to get a beat on them with light after I put away my NV and they settle down.
                mount your nightvision behind your scope or use a infrared laser.
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Haha I'm not balling yet. I'm using a night owl gen 1 nv monocular.
                  sigpic

Comment

Nothing wrong w/ a light on a scoped rifle.

Who makes that brake? Did you time it yourself,Or shim it? I love brakes, I have a surefire on my bolt gun, it's very effective.

Comment

Haha I'm not balling yet. I'm using a night owl gen 1 nv monocular.
                      Expect to spend a hell of a lot of money for a gen3 that can handle a .308 though. I had to have my pvs14 specially made with a weapons grade tube to handle an AR10.
                      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

What do you mount it behind? I'm thinking of something for my EFR in the future. I think the price will keep coming down on NV that can be mounted in front of a day optic.

Comment

Yea. I looked. I can't find a scope that will reliably hold zero with this gun. That's one of the main reasons for the brake. I'm not spending more then 800 for a scope. Hopefully this brake will be easier on the scope. Right now I have a Leupold vx3.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by futant View Post
                            That little light illuminates skittle over 200 yards. Why runaway? Already far enough.
                            sigpic

Comment

Yea. I looked. I can't find a scope that will reliably hold zero with this gun. That's one of the main reasons for the brake. I'm not spending more then 800 for a scope. Hopefully this brake will be easier on the scope. Right now I have a Leupold vx3.
                              Are you just using Leupold hunting scopes? VX-3's? There are tons of good scopes out there that can handle a .308 semi-auto.
                              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Working...
                              X