Storing reloaded ammo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Storing reloaded ammo?

Anybody have any good sources for cardboard boxes/styrofoam trays for reloads? I know they have the plastic boxes but they're not cheap and are bulky. Wanting to store quiet a few rounds in a nice uniform manner.

Found and am going to try these:
    Manufacturer Direct Pricing... BETTER THAN AMAZON. Your Resource for Packaging Materials to Protect & Preserve your Ammunition and Long Term Storage Food...

Comment

Those are new, I've never seen that brand. It seems like they forgoe dividers to save cost, they are definitely cheap. I use to order white boxes with foam for a great price, but I can't seem to find the supplier all of a sudden.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Ya, midway shows they used to sell something like what you describe but unfortunately are out of stock and don't say when they'll be back

Comment

I don't load a lot of pistol stuff but the stuff I do store just goes in a old crown bag cause I'm to lazy and cheap to organize pistol stuff.
          "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Originally posted by dee View Post
            I don't load a lot of pistol stuff but when I do, it goes in a Dos Equis Box.
            fixed it for ya
            Originally posted by Sean88gt
            You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
            Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
            You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

Am I missing something, wouldn't even expensive ammo cans/boxes be a better investment?
              Originally posted by MR EDD
              U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                Am I missing something, wouldn't even expensive ammo cans/boxes be a better investment?
                Not if you're stock piling ammo. If it's your regular consumable ammo then you want reusable boxes for sure.
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

vacuum seal?

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                    Not if you're stock piling ammo. If it's your regular consumable ammo then you want reusable boxes for sure.
                    Are we talking organised 50-100 count boxes or large just bulk waterproof type boxes? Either one can be stacked nicely. My rifle stuff gets 50-100 count flip tops with labeling for which gun they go to, load particulars and date they were loaded.

Comment

Originally posted by dee View Post
                      Are we talking organised 50-100 count boxes or large just bulk waterproof type boxes? Either one can be stacked nicely. My rifle stuff gets 50-100 count flip tops with labeling for which gun they go to, load particulars and date they were loaded.
                      The boxes don't need to be sealed because the ammo can they are in is sealed. Even the plastic flip top MTM style boxes are not waterproof.

Comment

The boxes don't need to be sealed because the ammo can they are in is sealed. Even the plastic flip top MTM style boxes are not waterproof.
                        Ammo can type boxes is what I was referring to when I said bulk boxes. I have several that used for shotgun shells as I just dumped them in the box loose when I was loading them a lot. I had 2 different colors that I used one for 20 and the other for 12 they are a plastic type but have a rubber seal.

Comment

The thing I like about the MTM boxes is that they are sturdy. I zip lock bag ammo in 100 counts, and store in MTM boxes.

Comment

Originally posted by Semper299 View Post
                            The thing I like about the MTM boxes is that they are sturdy. I zip lock bag ammo in 100 counts, and store in MTM boxes.
                            I like the new ones with the two piece hinges, the older ones with the folding plastic hinge are inevitably going to break off eventually.

Comment

I like the new ones with the two piece hinges, the older ones with the folding plastic hinge are inevitably going to break off eventually.
                              Very true, but I still just use the Cabelas flip top 50 or 100 rd boxes. They stack nicely and the ammo fits well. In hindsight I kinda wish I went with a hinged top one, but these stack so well and changing now would just kill the OCD part of me.

Comment

Working...
                              X