X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would it take to clean this up

Can this be saved with minimal expense?

image.jpg
    Last edited by cad424; 05-08-2013, 02:13 PM.

stainless is pretty easy to work with. that pic kinda sucks so i cant really tell whats wrong with it, and im too dumb to know how to enlarge the pic.

god bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

I'm not the most technologically savvy person on the world. That as the only way I could attach the photo with my phone.

Here's the link to the ad

Comment

ok i can see a little better. looks like surfaces scratches that could be buffed/polished out. for $200 plus shipping, plus FFL, i would go pick up a like new used gp100. i got mine off the board for like $300-$350 and i freaking love mine.

god bless.
        It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

CJ can probably answer this best I'd think that as long as those scratches weren't deep, they should be able to buff out.
          Originally posted by Jester
          Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
          He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
          Originally posted by Denny
          What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
          FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

The deepness of the scratches and pitting will ultimately determine how much work is needed. Worst case scenario it could be bead blasted and coated.
            "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
              ok i can see a little better. looks like surfaces scratches that could be buffed/polished out. for $200 plus shipping, plus FFL, i would go pick up a like new used gp100. i got mine off the board for like $300-$350 and i freaking love mine.

god bless.
              I'd love a GP-100 for 300-350 but I never find them for that. I've passed up way too many police trade 65s and I guess I'm just trying to make up for it

Comment

Go for it. I have one of these and they're great guns. If you know any FFL's they can order you one through century for around $220, they're TDC trade ins.

You're going to need to wet sand it, polish it, then use a high grit sand paper to give it a brushed look. That's what I did on mine and it looked decent. If it's too rough, as stated in a previous post, blast it to give it a matte finish. Downside to matte finish being that they dirty up easily.

Comment

You can always drop it off and have it refinished at the plater in balch springs, he does great work and is cheap!

Comment

Working...
                  X