How do you trim brass?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you trim brass?

I've been using this WFT for quite a while, and I love it. Worth every penny .

Dillon auto trimmer for high volume, lyman power trimmer for low volume.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Pocket knife and just eye ball it.

Comment

Could that device trim .223 down to .300 BLK?

Comment

Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
          Could that device trim .223 down to .300 BLK?
          There's no good way to auto trim .300blk, it tears up anything you do it in. Trimming down 1/2" of brass is a bad idea no matter the application. The dillon auto trimmer will do it, but it will wear out the motor eventually. The best way to make .300blk is to use a jig in a bandsaw and cut 25 at a time, throw them in a bucket, and then trim to length. Also, you can use a mini-miter saw from harbor freight.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
            There's no good way to auto trim .300blk, it tears up anything you do it in. Trimming down 1/2" of brass is a bad idea no matter the application. The dillon auto trimmer will do it, but it will wear out the motor eventually. The best way to make .300blk is to use a jig in a bandsaw and cut 25 at a time, throw them in a bucket, and then trim to length. Also, you can use a mini-miter saw from harbor freight.
            Or buy them in 500 rnd packs from that guy who sells em for $105

...i'm lazy

Comment

Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
              Or buy them in 500 rnd packs from that guy who sells em for $105

...i'm lazy
              Well, it all depends on how much you do and when the savings becomes enough motivation to do it yourself. With all the proper equipment I can trim 500 cases of .300blk in about 30 minutes, and the cost is around $25. So it makes sense if you do a lot of it. But if you only shoot 1000rds a year of .300blk then it's probably a lot easier just to buy brass.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                Well, it all depends on how much you do and when the savings becomes enough motivation to do it yourself. With all the proper equipment I can trim 500 cases of .300blk in about 30 minutes, and the cost is around $25. So it makes sense if you do a lot of it. But if you only shoot 1000rds a year of .300blk then it's probably a lot easier just to buy brass.
                I'd be lucky to shoot 500 combined .40/.223/5.45/.300

Comment

I use a Giraud Trimmer, and it's badass.

Comment

I have a Forster trimmer with the power attachment to use a drill with it. It's nothing fancy but it does a good job and I'm pretty happy with it.
                    Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                    Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Working...
                    X