Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• powder

Quick question...or two

Is there a powder chart that is sorted based off temp sensitivity?

Second, I use BL-C (2) for my .223 75-77 gr loads. Anyone have a less temp sensitive powder they recomend?

Thanks for your time!

Chris
    Originally posted by Sean88gt
    You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
    Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
    You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Any of the H series of powders from Hodgdon are labeled as temp sensitive but I'm sure even in that group some are better than others.

I would look at Varget for your loads with the heavier bullets but it may not feed consistently in a progressive press. It also may require a drop tube for best results as well.
    "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Thanks for the feedback Dee. Out of all of the "veterans" on here, I figured I would have received a little more response....or flaming...but either way, MORE!!!

lol, thanks again
      You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
      You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

No worries. I would have responded earlier but was out of pocket most of Sunday. I saw it but my phone wouldn't get good enough service to post. Gotta love being that far out, it's a blessing yet burden in it's own way.

Comment

Originally posted by dee View Post
          No worries. I would have responded earlier but was out of pocket most of Sunday. I saw it but my phone wouldn't get good enough service to post. Gotta love being that far out, it's a blessing yet burden in it's own way.
          Would be willing to accept both if I could get a nice place in the country...say 30-45minutes out from a major retailer.

Comment

My folks live about 30 miles from the closest major city and 5-6miles of that is driving down a gravel road. You can walk out their front door and look across a wheat field that is roughly 1.5 sections and on the other side is the Red River. All you can really see is the opposite side since it is a very large bank side. It was great growing up out there and having friends that had a ton of land at our disposal, wether it was spot lighting, fishing the several rivers or stock tanks and there was also plenty of time spent on the Red River knee boarding and camping. It is pretty neat there were times I've walked out and had pigs within 50yds, had more than one badger try to kill our dogs, porcupines (sp?) On the porch or coyotes Damn near in the yard. I'd say the biggest problem would be if you didn't have a good water supply and the fact you will never 100% keep mice out of your house or garage.

Comment

dee one of my friends also has land matching that description. He is pretty close to Muenster. You are right about the pigs up against the river there. I should head that way again and try and clear some out.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                dee one of my friends also has land matching that description. He is pretty close to Muenster. You are right about the pigs up against the river there. I should head that way again and try and clear some out.
                I would go along and help spot em...lol I am a great pig spotter....um hum

Oh how I would love to get out of this place and find a quiet place to live. A place where you can feel the crisp cool morning air, have coffee on the back porch butt naked and poppin prairie dogs off....oh what a life

and that’s just Monday...lol

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                  I'm a GOOD bit west of Muenster but the pigs are pretty much the same all the way down. A good friend of mine lives a bit closer to the river and had pigs coming up a ransacking his flower beds after putting new mulch in.

Comment

go out there on a cool evening with some thermal and night vision, get those bastards through the thicket.
                    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Cool evenings aren't the norm this time of year. They stopped coming around for a few months now although there are two large boars (300lbs or so) I'm wanting a shot at but haven't had a lot of time.

Comment

Originally posted by dee View Post
                        Cool evenings aren't the norm this time of year. They stopped coming around for a few months now although there are two large boars (300lbs or so) I'm wanting a shot at but haven't had a lot of time.
                        This Thursday will be 68, that's plenty of a temperature differential.
                        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Hadn't looked at the forecast but ours shows 66 here. I may have to go out the front could throw off their schedule a bit.

Comment

Working...
                          X