Universal M1 Carbine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Universal M1 Carbine

A couple father's days ago the wife unit got me a Universal M1 Carbine. From the internals and serial it looks to be a late 60s early 70s, meaning not many usgi parts on the inside. It was pretty rough when I got it and was going to need some time and work to get it to what I wanted.

Stripped the wood and removed 80% of the jacked up finish on the metal. Restained the wood and then put a nice flat clear on it. Hit the cleaned up metal with some bbq paint to see if I liked that color and to cover the bare metal till I can find someone to dip or coat it for real. Tossed the scope. Top handguard has always been a problem and I could not figure out why it kept flying off. A new one was ordered as well as an adjustable peep sight.

As it is now. New peep and handgaurd installed. Now I know why the old one kept jumping off. If you look at the pics you can see someone buba'ed the OE one to get enough clearance for the scope. Also ordered a new mag since I was ordering bits anyway.

Looking for someone to coat the metal for me now and then all i need is some more ammo!

Jon

i have the exact same gun in the safe. never fired it though. that .30 is kinda hard to find. at least the couple of times i have looked. looks good.

god bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

820 Jeep will parkerize it for you
      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
        Tell me more. I have a Browning A5 Twelve Light an a Remington model 11 I need to have reparked.
        Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Looks great!
          Originally posted by lincolnboy
          After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
            Tell me more. I have a Browning A5 Twelve Light an a Remington model 11 I need to have reparked.
            PM CJ about it. He gets all his stuff parkerized there.
            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I never thought I'd want an M1 Carbine and then I saw this thread. That is a sweet looking rifle.

It may not be the easiest ammo to get, but it ought to be pretty easy to reload. That's what I'm doing for my 6.8 spc. I buy Hornady ammo when it's reasonable and keep the brass.

Comment

Looks really good, I have a soft spot for them. I have a national postal meter that I enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                  Not sure if he's even still there. The day I picked up my M16 barrel from him, he told me he was being kicked off his land. His deuce and a half was full of nothing but jeep parts.

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                  Bob at 820 Jeep (if it's still there) will do it. He did my Colt M16 barrel.
                  Originally posted by Jester
                  Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                  He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                  Originally posted by Denny
                  What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                  FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Carbine is done just haven't got the workbench cleaned off so I can take pics. RP Firearms in Lavon took care of it for me.
                    Jon

Comment

Working...
                    X