Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone load black powder or BP substitute?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone load black powder or BP substitute?

I've been using smokeless ammo for the cowboy shoots I've been going to. Well I've decided to turn to the dark side and loaded some BP sub loads for my .44-40. Something about the smoke and boom makes it fun!
    92 LX 5.0

Remember to clean your guns THOROUGHLY and IMMEDIATELY if you're going to shoot black powder. It's stupid corrosive.
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Just be careful black powder is some dangerous stuff.
      "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

I love hooting black powder guns. Flintlocks mainly, but I load for my trap door and a couple pistols.

Comment

My son and I tested my black powder reloads today. I like it! The smoke is awesome!

92 LX 5.0

Comment

Make your own powder! A few (3) chemicals, a ball mill, and a good hydraulic press and one is up and running! A dang site cheaper than store bought.

Comment

Originally posted by garycrist View Post
              Make your own powder! A few (3) chemicals, a ball mill, and a good hydraulic press and one is up and running! A dang site cheaper than store bought.
              It can also blow up on you through the static generated by milling it. It's worth it just to buy BP substitute, like one of the Pyrodex powders.
              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I got 6 lbs of Pyrodex free the other day! Guy decided he wasn't going to use it and gave it to me.
                92 LX 5.0

Comment

I am very familiar with BP and know that a type 54 is require for mfg. Come out to
                  Caddo Mills May 17, 2014 and look me up and be my guest. There we will consume
                  pounds of "home-made" BP as well as lots of LE and HE. WE do have our type 20's too!
                  http://www.fireants.org/about-us/....

Comment

hmm, this is interesting..
                    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

No kidding! Right up the road from me.
                      92 LX 5.0

Comment

Working...
                      X