10 months later

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 months later

I really was starting to wonder if I was going to get the parts back. His wait time was ridiculous and getting worse. Finally finished the Saiga 12 tonight though. I will say his work is second to none when it comes to bolt work on these things. It truly is a shame he is closing up shop and moving on soon. I had him polish and re profile the bolt, clean up the trigger group, and put a charging handle on it. I also added a auto plug that automatically adjusts the gas as you shoot. Should be fun at he range on Wednesday. Now I need to decide if I am going to keep it or not. Love it but it doesn't fit in our cars like it did in my old Tahoe. May have to go a different route. It is fun to have around.

Whos your Daddy?

What gunsmith?
    03 cobra

Comment

Pauly out of Oregon. He is one of the few that actually burns on charging handles the right way. Guns with his parts bring big money on Gunbroker. Somewhere though down the road something happened and he has had a lot of personal issues. At this point I would not recommend him. Mine was a three week job that turned into ten months. I was really starting to wonder if I was going to get it back. He has a hell of a back log and has now starting doing something else. Just glad my name is off the list. I would say he was running up there with Tromix in reputation for a while.

Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Is that an AR15 buttstock?
        Originally posted by Broncojohnny
        HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

If you decide to part with it I might be interested for an sbs project.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
            If you decide to part with it I might be interested for an sbs project.
            10 months to wait for that stuff, I'd have already sent the paperwork off.

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
              10 months to wait for that stuff, I'd have already sent the paperwork off.
              Send the paperwork off on a gun I don't even own and a serial I don't even have to put on the docs?
              Last edited by CJ; 11-05-2013, 08:35 AM.
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Send the paperwork off on a gun I don't even own and a serial I don't even have to put on the docs?
                Damnit CJ!!! Shoot first THEN ask the questions....I thought you were smarter guy....come on now
                Originally posted by Sean88gt
                You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
                Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
                You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

Meant to quote the OP, but your idea made me think of the SBS reply since he said it won't fit in his car. 10 months for some bolt and trigger work, he could have also chopped that big ass barrel down.

Comment

Meant to quote the OP, but your idea made me think of the SBS reply since he said it won't fit in his car. 10 months for some bolt and trigger work, he could have also chopped that big ass barrel down.
                    Yes, for sure. But once you turn it into an NFA weapon it's pretty much yours forever.

Comment

Yes, for sure. But once you turn it into an NFA weapon it's pretty much yours forever.
                      Why? Unless it's having someone else named engraved on it that would deter a sale.

Comment

Why? Unless it's having someone else named engraved on it that would deter a sale.
                        You have to wait practically a year to own the weapon and like you said someone else's name is on the weapon. I see SBR's sitting for sale for years, if they are on a form 3 that's different. But FTF NFA form1 weapons are pretty much yours forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                          Is that an AR15 buttstock?
                          Yeah these things have ton of options. I have heard they were having import problems so they may be hard to find soon.

CJ with the 6 sgm mags, 20 round drum, and 12 round drum I am into this thing for right at about 2k. You would prob be better off just building one. I may do some trading if I go to sell it though.

Had I known it was going to be 10 months I would have sent it off and had 2 1/2 inches knocked off and the brake permanently mounted. I think that puts it at 18 1/2.
                          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

He said "get it back" and "get the parts back" so it sounds like he already owned it.
                            Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                            HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                              Yeah these things have ton of options. I have heard they were having import problems so they may be hard to find soon.

CJ with the 6 sgm mags, 20 round drum, and 12 round drum I am into this thing for right at about 2k. You would prob be better off just building one. I may do some trading if I go to sell it though.

Had I known it was going to be 10 months I would have sent it off and had 2 1/2 inches knocked off and the brake permanently mounted. I think that puts it at 18 1/2.
                              At $2k, with paying for the barrel to get cut, what's another $200 for a stamp?
                              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Working...
                              X