Book for getting started.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Book for getting started.

I finally have enough brass to make reloading worthwhile and I have been given a RCBS single stage press, but no instructions and none of the dies etc. What would be the first book I should pick up that will help me get the right stuff and how to set it up?
    Jon

ABC's of Reloading should be first on the list.
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

After reading a reloading book, I think I'd agree with comments i saw before - just read any reloading manual.
      then reread all the sections about what happens upon primer ignition over and over again
      then reread all the sections about overpressure signs over and over again
      other than that just understand what good practices entail for reloading.
      I know some lazy reloaders, and they're just generally dangerous IMO. Kind of like lazy mechanics, sure most of time they'll fix the problem, but sometimes....shit goes bad.
      reloading isn't a place to cut corners. It's bad enough the probability of just missing a bad case or similar... don't create your own problems by being piss poor at it.

hope that helps!

Comment

Working...
      X