One of my boss's guns...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One of my boss's guns...

Anyone know what this little piece of WWII history is? I do, but I want to know if anyone else does.

Edit: Sorry, crappy iPhone pics.

Yes, that is an FN-Browning M1922.
    Originally posted by lincolnboy
    After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
      Yes, that is an FN-Browning M1922.
      Yeah, I thought it was kind of cool. A nice little piece of history in his family. His grandfather's unit ambushed a small group of SS in an alley and after they dispatched them, took their sidearms.

Comment

Damn. Nazi stamp and everything. Nice piece.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
          Damn. Nazi stamp and everything. Nice piece.
          It feels really solid. His firing pin got messed up somehow, and the recoil spring needed to be replaced. Apparently one of the Luger models uses the same stuff since they're both German built, so he ordered up the parts and made it go bang again. There's a guy who told him he wouldn't sell it for less than $3,000. I showed him on gun broker where they were going for ~300-350 bucks, and he was disappointed, lol. He didn't plan on selling it anyway.

Comment

It's my understanding that if you have a WWII German firearm that is all original with matching numbers, then they can be worth some money. After WWII, I've heard most German firearms were collected up and dismantled/destroyed. Since they needed weapons for police, military, etc some guns were allowed to be put back together. Imagine just walking by piles of parts and grabbing mismatched numbered parts to put a gun together. There are guns out there with mismatched serials numbers. The real jewels are the matching numbers guns...

Again this is just hearsay so I could be totally wrong!!!!
            Owner of Titan Towing

We have your towing needs covered!
            http://www.titantowing.net
            -------------------------------

Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here to become a paid member!

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle View Post
              It's my understanding that if you have a WWII German firearm that is all original with matching numbers, then they can be worth some money. After WWII, I've heard most German firearms were collected up and dismantled/destroyed. Since they needed weapons for police, military, etc some guns were allowed to be put back together. Imagine just walking by piles of parts and grabbing mismatched numbered parts to put a gun together. There are guns out there with mismatched serials numbers. The real jewels are the matching numbers guns...

Again this is just hearsay so I could be totally wrong!!!!
              I've heard the same, and this is all numbers matching, so maybe it's worth something, I dunno. He's really more concerned about the sentimental value, anyway.

Comment

A lot of value boils down to popularity and paperwork. Paperwork will bring the value up on anything ww2 related. Whether it's photos or capture documents.

Comment

Working...
                X