Browning M3 HMG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Browning M3 HMG

Gotta love the fast cyclic rate variants.

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

I had seen a few of those fielded on SF vehicles but never got to hear how they performed in killing the scum of the Earth.

By the sounds and lack of recoil........I would say quite efficiently.
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Very impressive to say the least.
      "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Dang, and I thought my GAU-16/A had a high cyclic rate. That M3 is just crazy.
        "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

If I'm not mistaken that cyclic rate was made possible with a new barrel designed by the late Sabre Defence.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Central Wisconsin Armory does the M3 now. We got to look around the shop when we went and picked up a friends semi .50 they built. They have some cool shit.

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
              Central Wisconsin Armory does the M3 now. We got to look around the shop when we went and picked up a friends semi .50 they built. They have some cool shit.
              doesn't it have like belt lift of 38 pounds? we put together that ms from mcquire on the stand... what a beast. it is the heavy barrel (38lbs) just dont like having to head space the thing...
              first class white trash

Comment

We had that same, or similar feed system for our M134's, and they sure had problems. That and they held 3000 rounds which took a passenger back seat, and a lot of the middle seat too. Damn that was fast.
                DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

I know lots of the aircraft mounted MGs in WWII had much higher cyclic rates than their ground based counterparts just due to the fact that they could stay cool much easier (open to the elements at altitude, very cold air) to not overheat the barrels. I guess they found a better way to cool them off, thats awesome!

Comment

jeebus...that sounds like an MG42

Comment

Originally posted by helosailor View Post
                      Dang, and I thought my GAU-16/A had a high cyclic rate. That M3 is just crazy.
                      H-53 crew guy? We built a Crew Helmet for one of our Pilots with a big ass Longhorn sticker on the back like yours.
                      2004 Suzuki DL650
                      1996 Hy-Tek Hurricane 103

Comment

Originally posted by Downs View Post
                        H-53 crew guy? We built a Crew Helmet for one of our Pilots with a big ass Longhorn sticker on the back like yours.
                        H-60 (Seahawks). Lots of gun for that airframe. That's not me or anyone I know in the vid. I wasn't an aircrewman, but I was an IFT (In-Flight Tech). Getting to make sure everything worked was a perk.
                        "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Working...
                        X