Lets see your 1911's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by slowyellow View Post
    I think I'm in love with the STI. I'm really wanting to step up to a nice 2011 for my 3 gun setup. I wonder what something like that would run all setup????
    For that STI, I think I paid around $1900ish back in 2006 with 2 or 3 140mm mags. The safety on it at the time as well as the front sight were different, the hammer and sear had been worked on by a hack with a dremmel and it would occasionally go auto so that had to be replaced... All in all I think I was into it for around $2300-2400ish when said and done. Then the SVI on the right was $2750 new IIRC and was eleventy-billion times the gun the STI was right out of the box. If you have never shot a STI in a match, do so and you would be ecstatic! But don't shoot a SVI unless you want to pitch your STI in the trash and spend more money. Words cannot describe how sweet the SVI's are in every possible way (except price). This is TRULY an example of getting what you pay for though. Save a few hundred more, call Brandon at SVI and give him your CC info. Since you are not local, I'll run over there and pick it up for you and break it in, free of charge.
    Originally posted by stevo
    Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

• Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
      For that STI, I think I paid around $1900ish back in 2006 with 2 or 3 140mm mags. The safety on it at the time as well as the front sight were different, the hammer and sear had been worked on by a hack with a dremmel and it would occasionally go auto so that had to be replaced... All in all I think I was into it for around $2300-2400ish when said and done. Then the SVI on the right was $2750 new IIRC and was eleventy-billion times the gun the STI was right out of the box. If you have never shot a STI in a match, do so and you would be ecstatic! But don't shoot a SVI unless you want to pitch your STI in the trash and spend more money. Words cannot describe how sweet the SVI's are in every possible way (except price). This is TRULY an example of getting what you pay for though. Save a few hundred more, call Brandon at SVI and give him your CC info. Since you are not local, I'll run over there and pick it up for you and break it in, free of charge.
      I'm sure that you would. Did you ever see the SVI's in 9mm? I'd really like to stay around that round. I don't know anybody out here that shoots the SVI's, but I know a LOT of people that shoot STI's. Unfortunately the only ones that I can put my hands on are VERY modified. So I can't really get a feel for what one would feel like out of the box. My buddies STI feels like the slide is on ball bearings, I love it. I haven't shot it, and I'm trying to talk him into letting me shoot it during our next match. But I think he is in VERY deep on his STI. He used to shoot professionally back in the early 90's. He still "owns" a few courses from back then. Needless to say, he's a GM. He's the one who got me into the pistol shooting, and in turn I got him into the 3 gun stuff! What are some of the advantages of the SVI over the STI? And do you think that by the time you got it shooting the way that you prefer you might be in the SVI for less $$$$? Sorry for all of the questions, and I'll let you pick it up and break it in if you hand deliver it!
      04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Originally posted by Sean88gt
      There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
        I had to fix that typo in the title. Nice Jason, that thing looks awesome. How do 1911's suppress? I've always wondered.
        quite awesome, no jams so far
        completely hearing safe w/ osprey

Comment

I'm sure that you would. Did you ever see the SVI's in 9mm? I'd really like to stay around that round. I don't know anybody out here that shoots the SVI's, but I know a LOT of people that shoot STI's. Unfortunately the only ones that I can put my hands on are VERY modified. So I can't really get a feel for what one would feel like out of the box. My buddies STI feels like the slide is on ball bearings, I love it. I haven't shot it, and I'm trying to talk him into letting me shoot it during our next match. But I think he is in VERY deep on his STI. He used to shoot professionally back in the early 90's. He still "owns" a few courses from back then. Needless to say, he's a GM. He's the one who got me into the pistol shooting, and in turn I got him into the 3 gun stuff! What are some of the advantages of the SVI over the STI? And do you think that by the time you got it shooting the way that you prefer you might be in the SVI for less $$$$? Sorry for all of the questions, and I'll let you pick it up and break it in if you hand deliver it!

Hmmmm... you're near Richmond right? I could arrange a business trip out there I'm sure and my company can pay for the whole thing.

That said, please don't get me wrong, the STI's are great out of the box, and I would put them at the VERY TOP of any gun manufacturer that produces at least as many guns a year as they do. They and SV actually share the patent on the modular 2011 frame and developed it together. Essentially no difference in the design, but all in the build and customization ability. There are tons of gunsmiths out there that can custom build a STI exactly like you tell them to for a decent price, but they still have to get their building blocks from STI... well, the frame anyways.

SVI on the other hand makes all their parts in house now, and they are closer tolerances, higher precision, etc. I have never in my life felt a trigger as nice as what the SVI had. Also, that SVI was a sight tracker, an option I don't believe STI offers but I'm sure you could get one custom made that can include that.

I would say the best comparison would be the STI is like a Vette... fast, sleek, sexy, handles great, priced about right, and just flat runs right out of the box. The SVI would be more like a Ferrari... Custom built exactly how you want it from the factory, the colors you want, absolutely everything can be crafted to fit you and your needs/wants/desires straight from the manufacturer.

Out of the box, The STI usually seems to run a little better during the break in period, but once the SVI settles into it's groove, they are incredible. Also the service (at least a few years ago when I was shooting limited all the time) was second to none. Then again, they are made about 35 miles from my house. Also they can be made in any caliber you want. I have not shot 3 gun, but I assume they have major/minor ammo requirements like limited right? Or are you allowed/able to make major using 9mm in 3 gun? Or is there no difference? If you get it in 9mm, do yourself a favor and make sure they build it where it will also be IDPA legal as it would always have more value as a 9mm when it is IDPA legal too. Basically you would need short dust cover, bushing barrel, no tungsten guide rod, and 126mm mags.

Stevo

Comment

• Originally posted by Silverback View Post
            Picked up this Texas gun today

Well how does it shoot because I have been looking at the Trojan and the spartan.
            2006 Civic SI
            2009 Pilot
            1988 GT
            CRF50

Widebody whore.

Comment

Hmmmm... you're near Richmond right? I could arrange a business trip out there I'm sure and my company can pay for the whole thing.

That said, please don't get me wrong, the STI's are great out of the box, and I would put them at the VERY TOP of any gun manufacturer that produces at least as many guns a year as they do. They and SV actually share the patent on the modular 2011 frame and developed it together. Essentially no difference in the design, but all in the build and customization ability. There are tons of gunsmiths out there that can custom build a STI exactly like you tell them to for a decent price, but they still have to get their building blocks from STI... well, the frame anyways.

SVI on the other hand makes all their parts in house now, and they are closer tolerances, higher precision, etc. I have never in my life felt a trigger as nice as what the SVI had. Also, that SVI was a sight tracker, an option I don't believe STI offers but I'm sure you could get one custom made that can include that.

I would say the best comparison would be the STI is like a Vette... fast, sleek, sexy, handles great, priced about right, and just flat runs right out of the box. The SVI would be more like a Ferrari... Custom built exactly how you want it from the factory, the colors you want, absolutely everything can be crafted to fit you and your needs/wants/desires straight from the manufacturer.

Out of the box, The STI usually seems to run a little better during the break in period, but once the SVI settles into it's groove, they are incredible. Also the service (at least a few years ago when I was shooting limited all the time) was second to none. Then again, they are made about 35 miles from my house. Also they can be made in any caliber you want. I have not shot 3 gun, but I assume they have major/minor ammo requirements like limited right? Or are you allowed/able to make major using 9mm in 3 gun? Or is there no difference? If you get it in 9mm, do yourself a favor and make sure they build it where it will also be IDPA legal as it would always have more value as a 9mm when it is IDPA legal too. Basically you would need short dust cover, bushing barrel, no tungsten guide rod, and 126mm mags.
              Yeah man, I'm in VA beach. C'mon, I've got a bedroom with your name on it.... Well as long as you're bringing a something that starts with a S and ends with an I with you... Did your SVI have the stock trigger? Is that the on that you were saying was so nice? I've got a guy who is awesome at 1911/2011 trigger jobs. Best that I've felt, it'd probably run me about $250 though.

As far as the 3 gun stuff, they do not have major/minor req's. So looking at that, I might be better off going with a .40 cal. I just hate to add another caliber to my reloading bench. But it would be a hell of a lot better for knocking steel over.

I'm going to have to do some research into the SVI. Like I said, I'd really like to pick up a nice pistol to replace the glock that I have too much money in right now, lol.
              04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

Comment

• Originally posted by beefed88 View Post
                Well how does it shoot because I have been looking at the Trojan and the spartan.
                Range report was in post #149 of this thread.
                04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Comment

Yeah man, I'm in VA beach. C'mon, I've got a bedroom with your name on it.... Well as long as you're bringing a something that starts with a S and ends with an I with you... Did your SVI have the stock trigger? Is that the on that you were saying was so nice? I've got a guy who is awesome at 1911/2011 trigger jobs. Best that I've felt, it'd probably run me about $250 though.

As far as the 3 gun stuff, they do not have major/minor req's. So looking at that, I might be better off going with a .40 cal. I just hate to add another caliber to my reloading bench. But it would be a hell of a lot better for knocking steel over.

I'm going to have to do some research into the SVI. Like I said, I'd really like to pick up a nice pistol to replace the glock that I have too much money in right now, lol.

Yeah, it had a "stock" trigger job... but remember each SVI is essentially a custom gun and they make each and every trigger component, and everything else for it there in house. I'm sure they can set the weight and pull length/reset to whatever you ask them to, or just tell them it's competition only and you want the best trigger job in the history of EVER.

As for .40 vs. 9mm if you don't have to make major, a low power .40 round will shoot softer and flatter than a low power 9mm round. But if you wanted to shoot limited in USPSA you'd be better off shooting .40 and making major so you don't give up the points.

Stevo

Comment

• Originally posted by beefed88 View Post
                    Shoots great. Just got back from eagle in Lewisville and put a couple hundred rounds through it. Even the lady liked shooting it a lot.

One of the best guns I've ever shot, definitely my favorite so far. Probably going to end up buying an STI for a carry gun too.

Comment

• you could also custom order your S-V Infinity Sight Tracker with either interchangeable barrels (you do realize that you can swap the breech faces, right?) and/or complete top ends in different calibers

I have several S-V Infinity Sight Trackers, and the two latest are set up in both 9x19mm and .40S&W; you could order one pistol and fire 9x19mm, 9x21mm, 9x23mm, .38 Super, .40S&W, 10mm and .45 ACP

Brandon (and Sandy and Tiffany) have always taken care of me, and it does help that their shop is a mere 10 minutes away - I am not looking forward to the day they eventually relocate to the Mineral Wells area...

Comment

• MOTHER OF GOD^^^^^

You should come off of one of those for a poor sailor, lol. Well, after that bolt gun project of mine I'm poor! And I wish that I knew someone with one of those local so that I could actually put my hands on one.
                        04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Comment

• Find your nearest USPSA match and go check it out... I can almost guarantee you there will be some SVI guns out there.

Stevo

Comment

Find your nearest USPSA match and go check it out... I can almost guarantee you there will be some SVI guns out there.
                            They aren't huge around here. Lots of STI's and customs, but I've never seen a SVI at a ipsc or uspsa match around here.
                            04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Comment

• Originally posted by lincolnboy
                              After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

• Love the tritium sights, that shit is so neat. I have been making all sorts of stuff with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X