No announcement yet.

Revolver Love

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pics of the new revolver I took this morning. Time to buy a new holster as this is the one I normally use for the Taurus.

Normal concealed carry load with the exception I would normally only take one speed loader and only carry the flashlight if I know I'll be out after dark

Previous owner painted on the front site. I might have gone with a HiViz orange but this works just fine

Business end
    Last edited by Jose; 09-05-2013, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Dan Wesson .357 15-2 Pistol Pac I picked up.

Shitty picture, but I put some Altamont blackwood grips on my 642. I like them and it comes out of my pocket a lot smoother than the factory rubber grips. I was getting some light primer strikes with the Apex Tactical springs so I swapped them out for Wilson Combat tuner springs.
      Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
      Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Nice! Those pistol packs have always piqued my curiosity. I wonder if anyone actually switches out the barrels with those kits? How hard is the conversion?
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
          Nice! Those pistol packs have always piqued my curiosity. I wonder if anyone actually switches out the barrels with those kits? How hard is the conversion?
          It is super easy. You just remove the barrel nut, slide off the shroud, and unscrew the barrel from the frame. When installing the barrel, cylinder gap is set using a feeler gauge while you tighten the nut.
          It is also neat that since the barrel nut is at the muzzle end and tightens against the shroud, it puts the barrel in tension to improve accuracy.
          I could see swapping them out to change from concealed carry mode to target shooting, but as big and heavy as the frame is, I wouldn't personally carry one.
          Last edited by Trick Pony; 09-05-2013, 01:50 PM. Reason: corrected details about barrel nut and shroud

Comment

Originally posted by Trick Pony View Post
            It is super easy. You just remove the barrel nut, slide off the shroud, and unscrew the barrel from the frame. When installing the barrel, cylinder gap is set using a feeler gauge while you tighten the nut.
            It is also neat that since the barrel nut is at the muzzle end, it puts the shroud in tension to improve accuracy.
            interesting. That's pretty neat. Back when I was shooting skeet a lot, I had a over/under that had 4 barrels to swap around.
            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

It is also neat that since the barrel nut is at the muzzle end and tightens against the shroud, it puts the barrel in tension to improve accuracy.
              I could see swapping them out to change from concealed carry mode to target shooting, but as big and heavy as the frame is, I wouldn't personally carry one.
              Probably no heavier than a full size 1911 with the smaller barrels. What did it cost you?

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                Probably no heavier than a full size 1911 with the smaller barrels. What did it cost you?
                They usually run about $1300 but I traded an AR I built for it (so I had less in it of course).
                With the 2-1/2" barrel it weighs 36 ounces. I like 3" carry 1911s with alloy frames so they are about 10-12 ounces lighter. Weight would be similar to a steel framed 1911 though.

Comment

Dan Wesson revolvers are built a bit larger than their counterparts in the same calibers.
                  "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Originally posted by dee View Post
                    Dan Wesson revolvers are built a bit larger than their counterparts in the same calibers.
                    Yes, the Dan Wesson 'small frame' that the .357 and .22LR are built on is comparable to a S&W N-frame.

Comment

I became a fan of the Dan Wesson when I took out a .22lr stainless in target barrel. It was for sale for a while then I decided to just keep it and buy it from my mother in law. A very smooth shooting plinker if you can call a pistol of that quality a plinker. I wished I had other barrels for it.
                      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

They usually run about $1300 but I traded an AR I built for it (so I had less in it of course).
                        With the 2-1/2" barrel it weighs 36 ounces. I like 3" carry 1911s with alloy frames so they are about 10-12 ounces lighter. Weight would be similar to a steel framed 1911 though.
                        That's about what I was thinking than. Nice revolver but more than I would want to pay for it. But from the sounds of it you got a good deal for it.

Comment

A well abused Dan Wesson. It has gotten me out of several tight spots. When I rotated into Panama, I was issued a rusted up S&W 38 special. I spent a lot of time trying to get it reliable. Another pilot took pity on me and traded me his brand new Dan Wesson for my POS and a bottle of Scotch. (He was rotating out the next day and had to turn his weapon in.) I drug this thing thru the jungles of SA for a few years. The bluing didn't last long so I have re-parked it a couple of times.
                          Last edited by S_K; 09-10-2013, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Yes, the Dan Wesson 'small frame' that the .357 and .22LR are built on is comparable to a S&W N-frame.
                            I had a 44 I got in trade off the old board it was pretty close to a X frame size.
                            "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

My favorite wheel gun, and most prized posession. My colt saa in 38.40. 115 years old and still shoots straight all day long. C O L T.

Comment

^nice

Comment

Working...
                                X