*NSFW* Skin a deer with a golf ball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Baron View Post
    Yeah the processor we used used a rock and an electric winch. They took about 5 minutes from the time you backed into the bay till it was a carcass ready to process. Took longer to fill out the paperwork.
    This^^^

We have been using a rock and a wire around a bumper for the past 30 years...

Comment

Cj there are tricks to skin a coyote off a fence post. It works, and sometimes it doesnt.

Easier just to take them home.

For the guys who do this how much hair gets on the meat. I do it the traditional way. By hanging and skinning. I hate hair with a passion and the way i do i get hardly any.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
        Cj there are tricks to skin a coyote off a fence post. It works, and sometimes it doesnt.

Easier just to take them home.

For the guys who do this how much hair gets on the meat. I do it the traditional way. By hanging and skinning. I hate hair with a passion and the way i do i get hardly any.
        You guys not have water hoses in Kansas? We hang ours if we skin them (our processor doesn't charge to skin) and just hose them out to get the excess hair off.
        "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Washing a deer down only promotes bacteria growth.

Comment

That depends on how long it's exposed ours promptly visit a walk in cooler after the rinse and hang for a few days, whether it be at the processor or a friends cooler.
            "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Working...
            X