upgrades to my Beretta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• upgrades to my Beretta

I added a Streamlight TLR-1s and Hogue grips to my Beretta 92A1. It also has Beretta "D" hammer spring, Beretta allen grip screws, and I ditched the polymer captive guide rod setup for a standard 92FS stainless guide rod with gold spring and 90-two bushing.

Marcus

'99 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L

Looks great! Always wanted a 92fs to add to my collection.

How do you like the streamlight? used it much yet?

Comment

Those guns are so underappreciated.

Looks great. The 92 is a fantastic shooter.

Moonies in Austin always gets niced used 92s and will sell for 425. I'd like to get one...

Comment

Originally posted by Pooter View Post
        Looks great! Always wanted a 92fs to add to my collection.

How do you like the streamlight? used it much yet?
        I haven't used it much. Just installed it and played with it for a few minutes. The strobe function is a bit odd as it requires a double tap of the button. The light is bright (new ones are 300 lumens). I have a couple of the Streamlight polytac flashlights and like them a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by cad424 View Post
          Those guns are so underappreciated.

Looks great. The 92 is a fantastic shooter.

Moonies in Austin always gets niced used 92s and will sell for 425. I'd like to get one...
          Agreed. They are very accurate and reliable, look great, and parts/mags are plentiful. I'm strongly considering picking up a second 92.

Comment

Originally posted by 2cammer97 View Post
            I haven't used it much. Just installed it and played with it for a few minutes. The strobe function is a bit odd as it requires a double tap of the button. The light is bright (new ones are 300 lumens). I have a couple of the Streamlight polytac flashlights and like them a lot.
            Strobe is the way to go for anything CQB. We trained with them a bit and it makes it nearly impossible for the person on the other side to see anything.

Comment

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
              Strobe is the way to go for anything CQB. We trained with them a bit and it makes it nearly impossible for the person on the other side to see anything.
              Good to know. I just wish the operation was a little easier for the strobe. You tap the momentary button twice quickly and hold it down.

Marcus

Comment

Good to know. I just wish the operation was a little easier for the strobe. You tap the momentary button twice quickly and hold it down.

Marcus
                You can also do a quick double tap on the constant side of the switch for constant strobe without having to hold the momentary paddle down.

Double tap the constant paddle until it strobes and lock it into place as you normally would for constant on.

Comment

Originally posted by Fatass View Post
                  You can also do a quick double tap on the constant side of the switch for constant strobe without having to hold the momentary paddle down.

Double tap the constant paddle until it strobes and lock it into place as you normally would for constant on.
                  Didn't know that, thanks!

Marcus

Comment

Didn't know that, thanks!

Marcus
                    No problem, I have the same light that i move between my glock and sig, I figured it out on accident one day.

Comment

No problem, I have the same light that i move between my glock and sig, I figured it out on accident one day.
                      The instructions are pretty useless. Not going to lie, it took me a while to figure out the swing gate for the batteries. Streamlight does not explain it very well.

Marcus

Comment

The instructions are pretty useless. Not going to lie, it took me a while to figure out the swing gate for the batteries. Streamlight does not explain it very well.

Marcus
                        Agreed, I love the light though for the money, can't beat it!

Comment

Agreed, I love the light though for the money, can't beat it!
                          Streamlights are great for the money. I've got a couple Polytac lights and love them. I plan to pick up a Protac HL soon. Something interesting is that Streamlight now shows the TLR-1s as 300 lumens, up from 160, but it's the same model number. This was one of the few places advertising the newer 300 lumen lights.

We offer the latest & greatest gear at the lowest prices online. Serving those who protect our great country.

Marcus

Comment

Streamlights are great for the money. I've got a couple Polytac lights and love them. I plan to pick up a Protac HL soon. Something interesting is that Streamlight now shows the TLR-1s as 300 lumens, up from 160, but it's the same model number. This was one of the few places advertising the newer 300 lumen lights.

We offer the latest & greatest gear at the lowest prices online. Serving those who protect our great country.

Marcus
                            I noticed that in one of your previous posts and hit streamlights site to confirm, mine is a 160, bought it almost a year ago. I have been considering picking up another to mount on the sig so I don't have to swap and I may just go ahead and do it now.

Comment

I have to say, out of every pistol I have owned, I miss my 92fs the most. Great looking pistol. Makes me want to go get another asap.

Comment

Working...
                              X