Precision/Target Rifle pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by slowyellow View Post
    IMR 7828 SSC, the load that I'm using came recommended by Greg from Bugholes. His words were, "I've never built a 260 that "it" doesn't shoot great in.
    I was kinda suprised at how slow that powder actually is when I looked at the burn rate chart. I was expecting it to be faster than 4350 variations, surprisingly it is slower than 4831. I would imagine you are running a fairly compressed load with it.
    "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

• Well I'm looking to load 42.7-43g of H4350 into lapua or Nosler brass w/ 140 berger hybrids. Wonder what would be the same load w/ the other stuff. The Bergers will be .5 off the lands.

Comment

• Originally posted by dee View Post
        I was kinda suprised at how slow that powder actually is when I looked at the burn rate chart. I was expecting it to be faster than 4350 variations, surprisingly it is slower than 4831. I would imagine you are running a fairly compressed load with it.
        It's not too compressed. You just start to hear the "crunch" towards the bottom of the stroke of the press. I would call it slightly compressed if I had to split hairs.

Originally posted by dieselgeek View Post
        Well I'm looking to load 42.7-43g of H4350 into lapua or Nosler brass w/ 140 berger hybrids. Wonder what would be the same load w/ the other stuff. The Bergers will be .5 off the lands.
        I'm running Norma brass with 46.5 gn of the 7828 SSC at .01" off of the lands. Super accurate.
        04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Originally posted by Sean88gt
        There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

Comment

• What speeds are you getting with that???!?

Comment

It's not too compressed. You just start to hear the "crunch" towards the bottom of the stroke of the press. I would call it slightly compressed if I had to split hairs.
            Not too bad, I was wondering what your charge weight was the 2 manuals I glanced at didn't list it.

Comment

• Originally posted by dieselgeek View Post
              What speeds are you getting with that???!?
              2700 fps

Originally posted by dee View Post
              Not too bad, I was wondering what your charge weight was the 2 manuals I glanced at didn't list it.
              I got my data from Greg Young at Bugholes. I don't think it's pushing the brass too hard there, so I'm comfortable. And the best group to date is sub 1/4 MOA @300, so I'm good with it.
              04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

Comment

I got my data from Greg Young at Bugholes. I don't think it's pushing the brass too hard there, so I'm comfortable. And the best group to date is sub 1/4 MOA @300, so I'm good with it.
                I'm sure it's fine Hornady lists VihtaVuori N-165 @ 45.9 2700fps with a 140 and it's right next to 7828 on the burn rate chart. Heck they also show data for H 1000 which is even slower.

Comment

• Originally posted by dee View Post
                  I'm sure it's fine Hornady lists VihtaVuori N-165 @ 45.9 2700fps with a 140 and it's right next to 7828 on the burn rate chart. Heck they also show data for H 1000 which is even slower.
                  I'm telling you, give it a try. And wouldn't a slower burn rate be better in that 26" barrel???
                  04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Comment

2700 fps

I need 2820-2850. I guess I'll just wait to find some H4350.

Good to know you can load it accurately if I just had to have something for a hunt.

Comment

I'm telling you, give it a try. And wouldn't a slower burn rate be better in that 26" barrel???
                      I don't have anything with a long enough barrel to take advantage of the slow burn rate except my 30-06 or 25-06 but I doubt would show any advantage over what I'm already using. Plus I'm sitting on about 13lbs of Varget.

Comment

• Picked up a # last night and hoping to find some more this weekend. It's like a game almost.

Comment

• A pound of what??
                          04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Comment

• H4350. I'm hoping my seating die comes in tomorrow. I have some RCBS .260 dies, but they scuff the bullet. That's a bummer, as I have 60 charged loads w/ 140 bergers on top I wanted to seat. I guess it will be better for me to load them off the lands, which I won't be able to do until I get the rifle in tomorrow.

I was just bored/excited waiting on my rifle.

Comment

• Gah!!!! I'm ready for my barrel to get here!
                              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

• Originally posted by dieselgeek View Post
                                H4350. I'm hoping my seating die comes in tomorrow. I have some RCBS .260 dies, but they scuff the bullet. That's a bummer, as I have 60 charged loads w/ 140 bergers on top I wanted to seat. I guess it will be better for me to load them off the lands, which I won't be able to do until I get the rifle in tomorrow.

I was just bored/excited waiting on my rifle.
                                Looks good man. What kind of beam scale are you using?
                                04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Comment

Working...
                                X