.22 rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .22 rifle

My papa gave me his bolt action .22 caliber rifle. This was the first gun i used to kill my first animal when i was around ten years old or so. Shot a squirrel off a tree branch about 75 yds away with open sights. He showed me how to clean that squirrel, and my parents brought it home and we cooked and ate it. That coupled with the fact that my papa now has severe alzheimers makes this gun quite special to me. Took it to the range today, sighted it in, and itll still take a flea off a rat's ass.

it's a sears, roebuck & company j.c higgins model 103.18. i believe it's around 55 years old. just thought id share.

I love guns with stories like that attached to them. I also just so happen to love .22 bolt action single shot rifles. They are always really accurate and fun to shoot!

Took my wife to the gun range once a couple years ago, and a friend brought all his guns out (4 or 5 pistols, and a rifle like pictured above). She's from China and was scared of guns having been told all her life that they were dangerous and nobody should have them. That .22 bolt action rifle put a smile on her face so big I thought her face was gonna stick that way permanently.

Comment

That's very cool!
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

bolt action .22's are lots of fun. You can concentrate on the shooting, and not the reloading.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
          bolt action .22's are lots of fun. You can concentrate on the shooting, and not the reloading.
          exactly. i probably spent a hour and a half the other day shooting this rifle only. didnt event shoot 100 rounds. dude, get with me if you still want to check out the range. i'll be free all this week and weekend pretty much. he's in the process of doubling the range, and he's making quick work of it.

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
            exactly. i probably spent a hour and a half the other day shooting this rifle only. didnt event shoot 100 rounds. dude, get with me if you still want to check out the range. i'll be free all this week and weekend pretty much. he's in the process of doubling the range, and he's making quick work of it.
            The price keeps going up, I just can't pay for that range until he takes off that stupid friends pay rule he has. But I do want to visit it sometime.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

i agree with you, and i believe he's upping the membership next year since he's expanding. i most likely wont be renewing next year as i think $350 a year is more than fair (without access to the entire range) and i dont even shoot so much to even take full advantage. i really like being outdoors shooting though.

Comment

That gun looks brand new.

I'd be surprised if it were only 55 years old.

Comment

Working...
                X