Picking up an old, but free RV. Need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Frank View Post
    No picks yet, but we brought it home tonight. Are there any good RV message boards to learn more?
    This rv board has a lot of tech stuff http://www.rv.net/forum/

Good luck with the project!

Comment

No one has explained yet what is so expensive. So far the only people saying we are going to be out a lot of money are dealer mechanics or the people who take every little thing to the dealer and have to have everything perfect. I'm not fooling myself, I know it could get pricey, but so far so good.

We had it towed home last Sunday. Replaced the fuel pump and filter and the thing runs like a champ. Got the onboard generator running today. My buddy has been working on the skylight and tending to any possible leaks up top. The only big concern right now might be the transmission. No fluid on the dipstick. We'll fill it up and let it soak in for a few days before we do anything else. We haven't bothered to wash it yet, but think it will cleanup pretty good.

Comment

How is the refer, furnace, and the plumbing? There, besides the roof is where the money comes in.

Comment

That thing is pimp!!
          "PSH!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
            That thing is pimp!!
            Shaggin wagon

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
              No one has explained yet what is so expensive. [/IMG]
              maintaining it and upkeep. You have had it a few days, or a week or two, just wait- the longer you keep it/use it, you will see. I hope you dont see much cost, but Im just saying from the 4 I have owned.

Comment

fun...

I used to work on motorhomes as well.. HATED it... I worked on them when lynn smith chev decided to sell them. Tracing wires that a critter has ate is always fun. Not to mention if the friderator needs to be replaced, half the time they wouldnt come out the door.

Id bug bomb it as well. I always got spider bites and crap.

Comment

This is helping. Keep it coming. Fridge is coming out. My friend has a line on a return that had some minor damage in shipping. Furnace, gas range, A/C, plumbing yet to check out. Main goal was to have one we could take to the races and pull a bike trailer. I think the next biggest expense is tires, but we weren't surprised by that. It was surprisingly clean inside and no funky smells. Seems like every time we turn on the radio, its playing some 70's rock.

Comment

Check out Sardis tire for good prices on those tires, they usually have them in stock and are cheaper than anybody in town. Only sucky part is they are out near Waxahachie
                    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

waxahacie isnt that far! lol only 40 miles from 35 and mc cart in ft worth!

Donihoo Tire in ft worth talk to Greg
                      817-800-1788
                      hes a friend and we use him for all our Txdot trucks

Comment

I think I would personally have to get the green carpet cleaned and left alone. It just seems fitting judging by the pics.

Comment

Now Clark don't get to attached, we are taking it with us when we leave.
                          Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by Mysticcobrakilla View Post
                            Shitters full...
                            Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                            Now Clark don't get to attached, we are taking it with us when we leave.
                            At least we got two cool fuckers in here...

Comment

My dad WAS Clark W. Grizwalt. The opening scene where he is hitting on the chick at the counter and wiping his forehead with those panties. I swear I have seen my dad do that shit as a kid. Great now I get to go back to therapy to get right again.

I always ranked RVs with boats, cheaper to rent.
                              Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Drain those tanks and check out some winterizing stuff on the net, replacing pipes/tanks is a bitch in them. Most expensive repair on mine was the fuel pump + draining 70+ gallons of old gas from the tank. <---96 hurricane class A

Comment

Working...
                                X