Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know what a Six Sigma Green Belt Certification is?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know what a Six Sigma Green Belt Certification is?

I was searching some job postings at work and keep seeing it as a required field.

haha, good ole bofa.

Comment

its what you get when you master the armbar technique

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
        haha, good ole bofa.

I can only assume it's related to IT ?

Comment

Originally posted by SVTNorthTexas View Post
          I can only assume it's related to IT ?
          Nope. It is basically a management strategy.

Comment

It's a management cert. You can go all the way upto black belt I believe. Our company used to have it, now we use ITIL.

Comment

Motorola came up with it in the 80s.

I've always believed that some guy got super high and came up with the black belt, master, etc designations as a joke, and some uninformed upper management thought it was brilliant.

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                Motorola came up with it in the 80s.

I've always believed that some guy got super high and came up with the black belt, master, etc designations as a joke, and some uninformed upper management thought it was brilliant.
                You can't hang with my green belt!!

Comment

It is like being a Mason. You have to have the ring and know the secret hand shake.

mstng86 has it correct though, it is a management strategy
                  Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

I've worked for a couple of companies that implemented Six Sigma strategies. It's never been a good thing from my experiences so far.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                      it is like being a mason. You have to have the ring and know the secret hand shake.

Mstng86 has it correct though, it is a management strategy

lol!!

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
                        I've worked for a couple of companies that implemented Six Sigma strategies. It's never been a good thing from my experiences so far.
                        No it is retarded. They analyze a product or process, implement numbers and statistics to it, force unrealistic goals and concepts on the process and you come out with a cluster fuck.

But it looks great on a resume within our company.

Comment

Things like Six Sigma are why people with Management degrees shouldn't (and don't) have jobs.

Comment

My company has a Six Sigma policy it's a joke IMO deals with cutting costs for the company by you identifying a ineffiecintency and providing a solution backed by hard numbers that show you saved the company $XXX dollar amount. It has to be monitoried and approved by six sigma experts in order for you to get a measly little spot award($50 gift card) and were required to be involved in one for every year.

Comment

Originally posted by chevyhater01 View Post
                              My company has a Six Sigma policy it's a joke IMO deals with cutting costs for the company by you identifying a ineffiecintency and providing a solution backed by hard numbers that show you saved the company $XXX dollar amount. It has to be monitoried and approved by six sigma experts in order for you to get a measly little spot award($50 gift card) and were required to be involved in one for every year.
                              Yea, I hated being the person who had to help with the project. You do all this work to analyze everything, hand it to the project person, they throw some numbers at it and they get their belt.

WTF, I had to retrieve all this crap just so you could put some numbers on it and screw up my process.

Comment

Working...
                              X