blood sugar levels....what's normal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blood sugar levels....what's normal?

I've looked on webmd and they stipulate that a "normal" reading is between 80-100

Mine was just 56 and has been hovering in the 60's 70's for a few days, even after meals, even after snacks....

Is this a low normal or should I go to the doctor? I just had blood work done in august which showed nothing, and I've never had a problem with my blood sugar in the past....

I better not be diabetic
    Originally posted by Vertnut
    I'd run my junk through a waffle iron, if it makes you more "comfortable". LOL!

Too low. you need to be in the 80-120 range most of the time, maybe a bit higher after eating.

You may be hypoglycemic. See your doc.

Or ask doctor dave.

Comment

always remember 7-11

70-110

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
        Too low. you need to be in the 80-120 range most of the time, maybe a bit higher after eating.

You may be hypoglycemic. See your doc.

Or ask doctor dave.
        x2 thats pretty low sounds like you are hypoglycemic
        2003 oxford white cobra whipple powered corn fed
        2018 F150 RCSB 5.0

Comment

Yea Kim, talk to a doctor. I start getting light headed and disoriented at those levels. Good news is you won't have to take insulin. Just most likely a pill to reduce the amount of insulin your pancreas is creating. It is an issue and it can land you in a coma if you don't take care of it.

Comment

Originally posted by terminator03 View Post
            x2 thats pretty low sounds like you are hypoglycemic
            I hope that's not the case...

I STILL feel like shit and it's been well over an hour since I ate, had a 7up and took my sugar reading.

Dr. Dave?

Comment

"Normal" blood glucose levels are typically considered to be between 60-120, but as you can see this will vary depending on who you talk to. Treatment typically begins when someone has a BGL under 60 or over 200-250ish WITH associated symptoms of hyper/hypo-glycemia. The key is if you are expieriencing SYMPTOMS of hypoglycemia. Why are you checking you BGL if you aren't a diabetic? I only ask becuase I don't know many people that go to this extreme. I'd advise making another appt. if you are getting light-headed or "altered" on a regular basis with regular "good" meals. Good Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by MutherjuggZ View Post
                I hope that's not the case...

I STILL feel like shit and it's been well over an hour since I ate, had a 7up and took my sugar reading.

Dr. Dave?
                Sorry, I'm not Dr Dave. But, I'd like to inqire as to what your description of "shit" is?

Comment

Originally posted by SLVR04GT View Post
                  Sorry, I'm not Dr Dave. But, I'd like to inqire as to what your description of "shit" is?
                  Also, how long did she wait to eat before she felt like "shit".

And, kim, why are you checking your levels?
                  Last edited by mstng86; 11-24-2010, 01:37 PM.

Comment

TEAM WORK:biggrin:

Comment

"Normal" blood glucose levels are typically considered to be between 60-120, but as you can see this will vary depending on who you talk to. Treatment typically begins when someone has a BGL under 60 or over 200-250ish WITH associated symptoms of hyper/hypo-glycemia. The key is if you are expieriencing SYMPTOMS of hypoglycemia. Why are you checking you BGL if you aren't a diabetic? I only ask becuase I don't know many people that go to this extreme. I'd advise making another appt. if you are getting light-headed or "altered" on a regular basis with regular "good" meals. Good Luck.

My mom was diagnosed as being a diabetic about 8-10 months ago, and just before that her eldest brother was. Since diabetes runs so deep in the family blood line, once in a while I'll use my moms tester. The last two weeks I've been taking readings daily (as I've been sickly for a few weeks now) and sure enough it's still in the 50's

If my mom didn't have the diagnosis, or the meter, I probably would just sit here and feel like shit and not know exactly what it is.

Comment

Shakey all over especially hands / legs, nausea, dizzy, extremely sleepy, some disorientation

This usually happens first thing as soon as I wake up so I also eat a good breakfast within 30 minutes of waking up.

I don't normally "fix" these type of feelings with food. I ate today after taking the reading since it was so low... I'd say about 15 minutes after I took the reading I ate...and 15 minutes after that, sugar was the same. It's NOW 65 over 60 minutes after food consumption.

Comment

Shakey all over especially hands / legs, nausea, dizzy, extremely sleepy, some disorientation

This usually happens first thing as soon as I wake up so I also eat a good breakfast within 30 minutes of waking up.

I don't normally "fix" these type of feelings with food. I ate today after taking the reading since it was so low... I'd say about 15 minutes after I took the reading I ate...and 15 minutes after that, sugar was the same. It's NOW 65 over 60 minutes after food consumption.
                          There is something wrong. Seriously. Those syptoms are text book.

Comment

My mom was diagnosed as being a diabetic about 8-10 months ago, and just before that her eldest brother was. Since diabetes runs so deep in the family blood line, once in a while I'll use my moms tester. The last two weeks I've been taking readings daily (as I've been sickly for a few weeks now) and sure enough it's still in the 50's

If my mom didn't have the diagnosis, or the meter, I probably would just sit here and feel like shit and not know exactly what it is.
                            Sickly how? Virus?Fever?Stress?Rundown? And as stated above how long between meals and what are you eating? There are a LOT of questions that come into play when dealing with BGLs. If your sick, your body could be working overtime and burning sugars to fight off illness.

In addition, 7up, cookies, peanut butter, ect. will raise you BGL for a SHORT period of time, these are SIMPLE sugars and you need a "GOOD" meal.

Like I said, many many factors.

Comment

What time and what are you eating prior to going to bed AND what time and what are you eating when you wake up? The key will remain, eating "GOOD" meals in "Normal" intervals.

Those syptoms are text book.

Yes, they are. And like I said, if this is a regularly happening (daily) and your health, life style, diet and other medications/medical history has not changed you should seek further medical advice.

Comment

Working...
                              X