Train Timetable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Train Timetable?

There are some tracks right by my place. I'd like to get some film with a passing train in the background.

Rather than standing outside all day, waiting for a train to pass, does anyone know if a time table, or schedule is available to the public?

I only ever see Union Pacific engines on the track.

I could see this information not being available to the public due to safety, or terrorist concerns, but it sure would be nice.
    DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Do you not see/hear trends being as you live fairly close to them? Are they usually out in the morning, at night or is all random? Not being a smart ass, just wondering if you haven't noticed a trend already.
    Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
    Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
      Do you not see/hear trends being as you live fairly close to them? Are they usually out in the morning, at night or is all random? Not being a smart ass, just wondering if you haven't noticed a trend already.
      Well, I pass one at about 7:50 in the mornings, but it's not every morning, and there are usually a couple at night. (why they lay on that horn at 3am for a solid 30 seconds is beyond me). I just had this idea today, so havnt had a chance to start putting any effort into paying attention... I do just need to start recording it, and see if there is any sort of pattern.
      DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Ask FreightTrain, he'll probably know since it's his line....

Comment

Unless it's Amtrack they don't really have a set timetable. They build trains based on shipping demands and when the load is full they leave. Rail crews (outside of yard workers) are on call employees and they work as needed.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
            Unless it's Amtrack they don't really have a set timetable. They build trains based on shipping demands and when the load is full they leave. Rail crews (outside of yard workers) are on call employees and they work as needed.
            That's what I've been hearing. I may try to dig up a scanner, and just listen on their freq. I'm not trying to stand outside for a couple hours waiting on a train for a 30 second shot
            DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
              That's what I've been hearing. I may try to dig up a scanner, and just listen on their freq. I'm not trying to stand outside for a couple hours waiting on a train for a 30 second shot
              A lawn chair and a cooler of beer would go a long way toward making that tolerable.
              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Working...
              X