• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The tolls keep going up and up

Comment

For whom the bell tolls, time marches on
      Originally posted by talisman
      I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
      Originally posted by AdamLX
      If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
      Originally posted by Broncojohnny
      Because fuck you, that's why
      Originally posted by 80coupe
      nice dick, Idrivea4banger
      Originally posted by Rick Modena
      ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
      Originally posted by Jester
      Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Originally posted by ARIX View Post
        http://www.flipplate.com/

This may come in handy!
        That video on their site is hilarious. It's temporarily sold out though.

I thought of this years ago when I had my '72 olds with the gas cap behind the plate. You flipped it down to fill up. I always wanted to make it an option to flip it down and do some gangster shit.

I haven't driven on a toll road in two years. I used to drive occasionally, tossing in some change, but then they stopped excepting American currency.

What a racket, and people still willingly shell out their cash. I wised up.

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
          Good luck, my mom worked for the Kansas Turnpike in the late 60's and they were paid for I believe in 1970 or 1971.

It still runs as a turnpike and collects tolls.

One you start making money, it's hard for politicians to let it go.

The only good thing about the KTA is that it is self sustaining. No tax monies go for maintaining the roads.
          Kansas Turnpikes also have manned booths were you pick up your ticket which explains your rights (and theirs), the toll rates are much lower, and the roads are not designed to sucker you into driving from a free road onto a toll road without much notice like the NTTA likes to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
            There is one positive thing you can say about the toll road situation
            The problem is the roads that are being built are being payed for to alleviate traffic congestion. So when the toll roads replace what were once public roads they create what is essentially a poor tax, that doesn't effect the rich but taxes the poor who have to find alternate routes. especially as gas prices keep increasing.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
              http://www.007radardetectors.com/super_protector.htm

Anyone ever used one of these? Hell, I use a tollroad maybe twice a year, and avoid them at all costs, but would gladly spend $70 to keep $8 out of those fuckwads pockets.
              Some reason it says, "Super Protector is designed to defeat all (except toll) photo traffic cameras from side and above angles."

Though later on it says it blocks tolls.

Comment

Originally posted by Skidmark View Post
                Some reason it says, "Super Protector is designed to defeat all (except toll) photo traffic cameras from side and above angles."

Though later on it says it blocks tolls.

Q: Will ON Track plate covers protect me from all speed, red light and toll cameras?
                A: The Super Protector will protect you from all traffic cameras except for toll cameras. The Toll Free Protector will protect you from all traffic cameras including the toll cameras. If you are unsure if your area has toll cameras, it is best to be safe and just order the Toll Free Protector.

I'm going to order one, fuck em. Stupid assholes down here in Houston just opened up a "easy tag" only part of the belt way and the sign are very easy to miss. Just got a bill for 33 dollars for 4 tolls.

Comment

Working...
                X