No announcement yet.

Brazos @ Whitney Dam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eff a buncha that. Theres not enough water down there right now to wet your shoes...much less canoe. You have fun with that one when its 107 degrees. Drinkin alcohol under those conditions is askin for a heat stroke. Be careful.

Comment

My father-in-law has a place down there...last time we tried to canoe that portion of the Brazos this time of year we ended up dragging more than paddling.
      70' Chevelle RagTop
      (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

I have gone on the Dick's canoe trip many times in the past. I would confirm that they still open the dam gates at around 11:00 or so. If not, I don't think I would do that trip right now. If they do, put in about an hour before they open the gates, that way you know there will be water.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
          Eff a buncha that. Theres not enough water down there right now to wet your shoes...much less canoe. You have fun with that one when its 107 degrees. Drinkin alcohol under those conditions is askin for a heat stroke. Be careful.
          Well in his defense, he's drinking pearl light haha. Isn't that shut like 2.5%abv? I remember getting excited because it was only 68 calories, then remembering there's always a catch.

Comment

HA! We're up and ready. Fuck, I'll paddle rocks.

Wait, 2.5%? fml. I've looked over the can and box, there isnt shit. This cannot be true.
            Well hell.
            DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Originally posted by SSMAN View Post
              I have gone on the Dick's canoe trip many times in the past. I would confirm that they still open the dam gates at around 11:00 or so. If not, I don't think I would do that trip right now. If they do, put in about an hour before they open the gates, that way you know there will be water.
              This is great information, Thank you
              DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
                HA! We're up and ready. Fuck, I'll paddle rocks.

Wait, 2.5%? fml. I've looked over the can and box, there isnt shit. This cannot be true.
                Well hell.
                Yeah get rid of that trash...haha. It may even be lower

Comment

Done. We only had to drag the canoe 4-5 times, 100ft MAX each time. Totally doable. No current, so it was 8.5 miles of paddling, but no worries. It was so stagnant, there was no swimming. Not too bad.
                  Now to drive 4 hours to BMT. FML
                  DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Done. We only had to drag the canoe 4-5 times, 100ft MAX each time. Totally doable. No current, so it was 8.5 miles of paddling, but no worries. It was so stagnant, there was no swimming. Not too bad.
                    Swimming in that shit would've landed you one irreversible ameoba. Glad y'all had a good time!!
                    Originally posted by Vertnut
                    I'd run my junk through a waffle iron, if it makes you more "comfortable". LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by MutherjuggZ View Post
                      Swimming in that shit would've landed you one irreversible ameoba. Glad y'all had a good time!!
                      Yea, all I thought was "BRAIN EATING AMOEBA" the entire time. I even had to pour out a beer due to a tab too much "river" water being splashed into it. And that is why we drink pearl.
                      DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Yea, all I thought was "BRAIN EATING AMOEBA" the entire time. I even had to pour out a beer due to a tab too much "river" water being splashed into it. And that is why we drink pearl.
                        Yeah I have lost 2 friends due to ameobas in slow moving water in my earlier years.
                        Originally posted by Vertnut
                        I'd run my junk through a waffle iron, if it makes you more "comfortable". LOL!

Comment

Good to hear. There is some awesome scenery along there, my family used to own a couple of lots on the river directly across from Dicks by the FM2114 bridge, I spent much of my pre-teen years walking up, down and through that river. Caught my first 5 lb+ bass off one of the bridge pillars at age 9.

Stevo
                          Originally posted by SSMAN
                          ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Working...
                          X