Stephen4785 needs a job again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stephen4785 needs a job again.

Let me know if anyone knows of a place in or around Fort Worth that pays good and needs a diesel/automotive tech.
    My boss/owner pulled me in the office today and informed me that he was going to decrease my base salary by half. I was told in my interview that my shop was averaging 30k/month and that he wanted to see around 35k/month. My base salary was based off of 30k a month. Anything over that I was making commission. I went through my system and figured out that the shop was really averaging about 14k/month for the past 7 years. My base pay was what I had to make in order to pay my bills and what not so now he wants me to take half of it as a guarantee. So after an entire month and a half my boss told me that the numbers arent where he wants them and he cant afford to pay me what he promised. We made a little over 27k last month and are on goal to hit around the same this month. I figure 90% increase over average would be a pretty good track record for just a month and a half but I guess not.
    Rant over

Dude, wtf?. What about that instructor job we worked on?
    Originally posted by davbrucas
    I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Sorry to hear it man, but like I said before, fuck Dusty!

Comment

Originally posted by cbrjames View Post
        Sorry to hear it man, but like I said before, fuck Dusty!
        Hey old goat, do you need that program still?

Comment

Originally posted by stephen4785 View Post
          Let me know if anyone knows of a place in or around Fort Worth that pays good and needs a diesel/automotive tech.
          My boss/owner pulled me in the office today and informed me that he was going to decrease my base salary by half. I was told in my interview that my shop was averaging 30k/month and that he wanted to see around 35k/month. My base salary was based off of 30k a month. Anything over that I was making commission. I went through my system and figured out that the shop was really averaging about 14k/month for the past 7 years. My base pay was what I had to make in order to pay my bills and what not so now he wants me to take half of it as a guarantee. So after an entire month and a half my boss told me that the numbers arent where he wants them and he cant afford to pay me what he promised. We made a little over 27k last month and are on goal to hit around the same this month. I figure 90% increase over average would be a pretty good track record for just a month and a half but I guess not.
          Rant over
          that sucks man. a lot of the 27k from last month might have to do with the extremely hot temps we have been having causing a lot of automotive problems.

interested in any side work?

Comment

Yes I do, one of my customers says he is hurting for techs. Shoot me an email with your contact info and resume if you have one. KCornell@Hydraquip.com

This is non oilfield. Almost every oilfield company is hiring right now if you want to do that.

Comment

That sucks man, this seems to happen often in the automotive world.

Comment

Originally posted by no4njnk View Post
                Yes I do, one of my customers says he is hurting for techs. Shoot me an email with your contact info and resume if you have one.

This is non oilfield. Almost every oilfield company is hiring right now if you want to do that.
                Be carefull about posting email addies like that Sir.. Data miners are a bastid... PM's are always a good thing

Comment

Sounds pretty unreasonable to me.

Comment

That sucks man. Hope you find a good job.

Comment

Hydra Rig in Fort Worth is hiring Assemblers for their Coiled Tubing Units. I am sure with any diesel automotive experience you would have a shot.
                      www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Damn man that totally sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                          Dude, wtf?. What about that instructor job we worked on?
                          I never got an interview for it and they sent me a rejection letter. I took a job as a mobile fleet mechanic for about 4 weeks and then took this job as an automotive service manager. Im contemplating starting my own shop now.

Comment

Dammit man, sounded like things were starting to go pretty good for you. Best of luck - keep digging.

Comment

Originally posted by JP135 View Post
                              Dammit man, sounded like things were starting to go pretty good for you. Best of luck - keep digging.
                              Ehh, every stumble iv had has led to a better opportunity for me in some way.

Comment

Working...
                              X