Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you want your pre-K child to be taught by a Muslim?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you want your pre-K child to be taught by a Muslim?

My wife and I had a big fight over whether our 4yr old should be kept in his class at his Montessori School where his teacher is Muslim. My issues were that I could barely understand her and I just dont want my young son exposed to that culture and it's values this early in life. She said I was a racist snob!

What do you think?
    Yes?
    0%
    No?
    0%
    Pappapecker is a CPA.
    0%

The poll is expired.

Should have just told her it was a language barrier, and been done. That said i dont have kids so i dont know how id feel.

Comment

I'm not a parent, but it wouldn't bother me, just like a Christian or Jewish teacher wouldn't bother me either, as I'm athiest.

But Muslim isn't a race, so you aren't really racist. Just a Dick

Comment

I was at work when she enrolled him. The teacher had a flat affect and didnt seem well-suited to teach young children.

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
          I'm not a parent, but it wouldn't bother me, just like a Christian or Jewish teacher wouldn't bother me either, as I'm athiest.

But Muslim isn't a race, so you aren't really racist. Just a Dick
          I am an atheist as well, but I want my children raised with Christian values...at least until they are adults and can make their own decisions about the Flying Spaghetti Monster!

Oh, and suck it fatty.

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
            I am an atheist as well, but I want my children raised with Christian values...at least until they are adults and can make their own decisions about the Flying Spaghetti Monster!

Oh, and suck it fatty.
            That article and picture is fantastic!

I would have to say no go on the teacher also.

Comment

Islamic values are just as good as Christian, or Jewish.

I think you are confusing Islam with the over the top fundamentalists sects of Islam. But Christians have those too.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                That article and picture is fantastic!
                The King doesnt think so...check back often as he will definitely have something to say about this one!

Comment

Need a forth choice, that is both two and three.

There is no way in hell I would let my children be educated by a muslim, call me a back woods hillbilly, a racist, a fucking beardneck, what ever you want, but hell no.

Stevo
                  Originally posted by SSMAN
                  ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                    Islamic values are just as good as Christian, or Jewish.

I think you are confusing Islam with the over the top fundamentalists sects of Islam. But Christians have those too.
                    Muslims are like chow dogs...sooner or later they are gonna bite you.

Who woulda thunk that Matt would take the higher ground here?

Comment

The teachers are there to teach your kids information, not teach them right from wrong, or morals, that's your job. Now, I will say that if she's teaching the kids about things other than the information she's supposed to teach them, then by all means boot her ass. The teacher will have access to him for ~8 months or something like that, you've got him for 18 years, minimum.

Edit: Obviously she isn't a hard liner, she's got a job and probably doesn't wear a potato sack over her head.

Comment

Originally posted by stevo View Post
                        Need a forth choice, that is both two and three.

There is no way in hell I would let my children be educated by a muslim, call me a back woods hillbilly, a racist, a fucking beardneck, what ever you want, but hell no.

Stevo
                        Damn...we have something in common.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                          The teachers are there to teach your kids information, not teach them right from wrong, or morals, that's your job. Now, I will say that if she's teaching the kids about things other than the information she's supposed to teach them, then by all means boot her ass. The teacher will have access to him for ~8 months or something like that, you've got him for 18 years, minimum.
                          This I know...but I am not there to see what is taught.

Comment

Muslims are like chow dogs...sooner or later they are gonna bite you.

Who woulda thunk that Matt would take the higher ground here?
                            He must be piss drunk!

Comment

This I know...but I am not there to see what is taught.
                              Ok, as long as she sticks to her job and doesn't try to inject her personal beliefs (which all teachers should do) then there isn't a problem. Granted, you aren't there to see what's being taught, but at that point you've got to leave it up to the administrators to make sure she's following the rules. Are ya picking up what I'm putting down?

Comment

Working...
                              X