So I get a letter from the City of Arlington for a court date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I get a letter from the City of Arlington for a court date

...On running a red light and wrong address on driver's license from 2005. Really Arlington? 6 years ago? You gotta be shitting me. Anyone here on the APD? Is this officer still even on the force?
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Fight it!

Comment

Originally posted by SMKR View Post
      Fight it!
      Fight it and claim lack of speedy trial
      I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

its a good thing you did not have a ticket for trespassing...

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
          Fight it and claim lack of speedy trial
          ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
            ? I guess so ?
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

The wheels of justice turn very slowly, they are loaded down with donuts.
              Originally posted by racrguy
              What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
              Originally posted by racrguy
              Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
                LMAO. The fuck?
                Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
                Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
                Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
                You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

Just pay it CJ, no use in wasting your time with those revenue generating bastards. Its going to cost you many trips to the court house and if you have to hire an attorney its even more $$$. And dont forget to get a receipt or the next time you get pulled over there will be a warrant and it will cost even more, thats just the way they operate.
                  Originally posted by Silverback
                  Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

yeah don't they have like 6 months to file the charge or else its dropped?

Comment

Originally posted by Leah View Post
                      LMAO. The fuck?
                      You must have missed the trespassing/nutjob thread.

Comment

Originally posted by D. Lil View Post
                        yeah don't they have like 6 months to file the charge or else its dropped?

No.

CJ, they can wait 2 years to file for the class C offenses, per the statute of limitations. There is also a way for the courts to re-file the warrants after the 2 year cycle has ended. I personally haven't heard any stories about red light camera citations going this long though. Interesting.
                        Karussell White - 2010 Genesis Coupe R-Spec 6MT 2.0T -

Comment

Set it for trial. When you get to cross-examine, see if the officer can still identify you and remembers details of the offense.

You recall one traffic stop from six years ago?

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris View Post
                            No.

CJ, they can wait 2 years to file for the class C offenses, per the statute of limitations. There is also a way for the courts to re-file the warrants after the 2 year cycle has ended. I personally haven't heard any stories about red light camera citations going this long though. Interesting.
                            Well from what I know it's neither of those. It's way past 2 years - this was a ticket I apparently received from an officer. I handed it off to my attorney, and the attorney set a court date for plea, but it's been 6 years. This is before red light cameras even existed, so that's out.

Comment

pass the note along to your attorney. You shouldnt have to show if he is representing you, IIRC.

Comment

Working...
                              X