Car Insurance...who doesn't suck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bluecollar View Post
    The policy is in my name, I just have the house and her car on it and her as an insured. Can I still not delete it?
    If it's just one vehicle that she's in care/custody/control of, then send a written request to remove you from the policy.

If there's two or more vehicles, then take your name and your vehicles off. Doesn't matter who took out the policy, you're both named insureds/policy owners. Texas is community property state.
    Originally posted by Vertnut
    I'd run my junk through a waffle iron, if it makes you more "comfortable". LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
      I heard their is a member who sells insurance and treats people fairly well (most of the time). PM Mutherjuggz
      Yeah sometimes I have more customers than I have me to go around, but I try my best and encourage anyone who hasn't heard back from me in the same day they've made contact, to please call/email again. I'm definitely not perfect, but I will never fail my customers intentionally....and will always make things right.

Comment

Originally posted by bluecollar View Post
        The policy is in my name, I just have the house and her car on it and her as an insured. Can I still not delete it?
        Leave your name on that home insurance until you are no longer tied to the property in anyway. Even if you get a divorce decree that states she gets the house.... until she refinances it out of your name, there's liability exposure there that you don't want to leave flapping in the wind.

Comment

Originally posted by MutherjuggZ View Post
          If it's just one vehicle that she's in care/custody/control of, then send a written request to remove you from the policy.

If there's two or more vehicles, then take your name and your vehicles off. Doesn't matter who took out the policy, you're both named insureds/policy owners. Texas is community property state.
          Well, that's just way more complicated than necessary. Thanks for the info

Comment

State Farm

Comment

all insurance companies suck equally. Just pick one

Comment

Leave your name on that home insurance until you are no longer tied to the property in anyway. Even if you get a divorce decree that states she gets the house.... until she refinances it out of your name, there's liability exposure there that you don't want to leave flapping in the wind.
                can you PM me your phone number?

Comment

Amica. Seriously, they rule. #1 by JD Power for 10 years is a row I think. At least call them and get a quote. Best service I've ever had from an insurance company. Also, it's a mutual insurance company so you get a dividend check from them once a year.

Comment

The Hartford hasn’t given me a reason to complain in the 7 years I’ve been with them. They’ve kept rates low, given me discounts and have handled my claims really efficiently and quickly. Hit them up for online car insurance quotes and see if they give you a good deal.

Comment

You can't delete her or her vehicle. All you can do legally is remove yourself and your own vehicle. Leave the old policy to her and if she doesn't pay it, then that's on her.

If you have a mortgage in both your names, you have to keep insurance in both names until she refinances you off the deed.

Hmm. When the ex and I got a divorce, all I did was call and tell them to remove her from the policy and it was done. It was originally opened in my name, and I've been a customer for ten years, so not sure if that makes a difference or not.

Comment

if you call your ins co and tell them it is a divorce situation they will take her off your policy and automatically set her up on her own. you will need to give them information on where she is so they can contact her to set up her policy, but she will be covered in the meantime. at least that's what Geico does a a courtesy.

Comment

Usaa plain and simple as long as you can get them.

Comment

Originally posted by Saleen781 View Post
                            if you call your ins co and tell them it is a divorce situation they will take her off your policy and automatically set her up on her own. you will need to give them information on where she is so they can contact her to set up her policy, but she will be covered in the meantime. at least that's what Geico does a a courtesy.

I kind of thought that was SOP for most insurance companies. I'm with State Farm.

Comment

Originally posted by kevinmandez View Post
                              The Hartford hasn’t given me a reason to complain in the 7 years I’ve been with them. They’ve kept rates low, given me discounts and have handled my claims really efficiently and quickly. Hit them up for online car insurance quotes and see if they give you a good deal.
                              9 posts and you've referenced thehartford.com insurance in at least 2 different posts.

SPAM much?

Comment

Paying for insurance, sucks. There is no way around that one. It is mandatory by law and, if you are leasing that new car, then the lender of the money demands specific comprehensive insurance coverage. After all, they want to protect their investment.

Comment

Working...
                                X