So my dad is in the hospital...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So my dad is in the hospital...

...I'm not really asking for prayers or anything but here's the story.

Sunday at about midnight, my stepmom called me telling me that she was at the hospital and my dads appendix burst. My dad is the kind of guy that won't complain about anything health wise until it's unbearable. The docs say that his appendix probably burst on Saturday (which is when my pops started feeling pain) and the bial or whatever that was released poisoned the hell out of his body. After a couple of days after surgery, his intestines aren't working and they had to pump a bunch of shit out of them through his nose. The docs say that this is normal, and that his intestines are just in shock from surgery but fuck...I'm worried about him. I live about 250 miles away and am getting ready to head up there tomorrow. My dad is the strongest, and best man that I've ever known. I talked to him this morning and he just sounded like a different person. Not one to complain, but all he did was talk about how much it hurt to do anything, including lay down.
    "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Prayers are with him and you.

Comment

prayers sent anyway
      I had my appendix bust when I was 15. It sucked but after the surgery they just gave me a shitload of antibiotics. Hope your dad gets to feeling better

Comment

Prayers for your pops.

God bless
        It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Prayers and all the good mojo I can spare sent that way. I know all too well how much it hurts coming out of stomach surgery. It's a bad day when a fart and a sneeze are the worst possible things that could happen.

Comment

Not uncommon for this at all especially considering narcotic pain meds on board to control the pain. He won't die. He'll be fine. NG tubes aren't fun though!

Comment

Sorry dude. Tell him to get well soon from me!
              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
                Prayers are with him and you.
                I second this.

Bryan

Comment

this happened to my dad last year and he was batteling cancer and organ rejection (heart trasnplant) it is very hard on the body when the bile is released inside. he will be fine but you need to have a hard talk with him and tell him to stop fucking "waiting" when he has pain. my old man was the same way...now he's dead. good luck to you and your family.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                    I second this.

Bryan
                    Same, whether he likes it or not.
                    Originally posted by MR EDD
                    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Prayers sent for your dad, and wishing him a quick recovery.

Comment

Prayers sent to your pops....I dont think I've ever seen my dad sick or at hosp!
                        Originally posted by Da Prez
                        Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
                        Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

if he's a fighter, he'll make it.

Either way, my thoughts are there.
                          Originally posted by 56482
                          only on DFWMUstangs...

Comment

LMK if we can do anything to help, Josh.

Comment

You didn't ask for prayers, but you got 'em anyway; one for him and one for you and your family. Stay strong and tell him to do the same.

Agree with Saleen781 - he needs to stop toughing it out. There's an age where that gets real dangerous. I tell my mom they don't give bonus points for being the tough guy.

Comment

Working...
                              X