2013 GT500 will be 600hp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 GT500 will be 600hp

Nice! The new GT500 will be a 5.8ltr (351!) and a TVS blower upgrade. 600hp stock, which means pullied and bolt on this thing will scream!

New UAW deal confirms 2013 Shelby GT500 will get 5.8-liter supercharged V8

4 October 2011

Today Ford Motor Company and the United Auto Workers agreed to a new four-year contract that will add $6.2 billion of investment to U.S. factories, and a close look at the details reveals some news about the upcoming 2013 Shelby GT500.

There has been much speculation about what engine will be used in the next generation Shelby. Back in March Car and Driver reported that the new GT500 would pack more than 600 horsepower to one-up the new Chevrolet Camaro ZL1. At the time it was thought the increase in horsepower would come via an increase in displacement to 5.8-liters and that the Eaton M112 supercharger would be replaced with the newer and larger TVS2300 unit. A few months later a batch of photos of a GT500 test mule with an extra larger intercooler testing at the Nürburgring in Germany sparked speculation that a twin-turbo V8 would possibly be the new powerplant.

Now Ford’s new agreement with the UAW shows that the initial report of a 5.8-liter supercharged V8 was indeed correct. The contract states that the Romeo Engine Assembly Plant will receive a $50 million investment and start production of a 5.8-liter supercharged V8 when the 2013 Shelby GT500 goes into production next year. The plant will also continue the production of the 6.2-liter V8 found in the Ford F-150.

In other news, the contract also shows that the AutoAlliance International Assembly Plant, which produces the Mustang, will receive a $555 million investment and take on production of the next generation Ford Fusion in place of the Mazda6.

Well shit, i guess i need to pick one up.

Comment

Group buy discount?

Comment

badass!

Comment

Guess I better take back this 2012....

Comment

Originally posted by Cannon88 View Post
            Group buy discount?
            i have a buy one get one half off coupon.

Comment

Very nice car

Comment

fap fap fap fap fap
                http://www.amazon.com/Viralution-Don...don+kehlenbeck

www.facebook.com/TheViralution

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                  i have a buy one get one half off coupon.
                  You got that Groupon too?
                  Originally posted by Jester
                  Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                  He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                  Originally posted by Denny
                  What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                  FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

I bet insurance companies are gonna line up happily to insure that thing.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
                      I bet insurance companies are gonna line up happily to insure that thing.
                      Not sure I'd really want to bend over and take the premium for that... even if I could afford it, I'm not sure I'd want to.
                      Originally posted by Jester
                      Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                      He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                      Originally posted by Denny
                      What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                      FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

still wont beat a fox body with $5k worth of mods
                        or a 2011 v6

Comment

I'd like it, if it didn't have shelby's name on it. Or the ugly ass wheels or gawdy ass emblems, or a boring ass solid rear axle. And....hood pins? BARF. Ford < innovation.

I had 600hp, IRS, and decent MPG......... 8 years ago, and for half the $$$$

I'm not impressed. Just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
                            I'd like it, if it didn't have shelby's name on it. Or the ugly ass wheels or gawdy ass emblems, or a boring ass solid rear axle. And....hood pins? BARF. Ford < innovation.

I had 600hp, IRS, and decent MPG......... 8 years ago, and for half the $$$$

I'm not impressed. Just my opinion.
                            Well aren't you a ray of sunshine..

Comment

Guess I better start playing the lotto again.
                              "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Working...
                              X