How do you find subcontractors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you find subcontractors?

We are about to build a house and the builder is allowing me, if I choose, to subcontract the flooring and painting. How do you go about gathering bids for such work? Do you just walk the yellow pages and cold call places? Do you get bids?

Originally posted by Frank View Post
    We are about to build a house and the builder is allowing me, if I choose, to subcontract the flooring and painting. How do you go about gathering bids for such work? Do you just walk the yellow pages and cold call places? Do you get bids?
    get this guy to price the tile flooring, backsplash, etc....he does excellent work, and he'll be cheaper than any contractor you would get.

john green
    972-890-2366

i have a few painter contacts, but they're all busy right now.

Comment

How about sheetrockers?
      70' Chevelle RagTop
      (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Angies list?

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
          Angies list?
          beat me to it.

Or Craigslist

Comment

Originally posted by Rreemo View Post
            How about sheetrockers?
            Sean Needum in Aubrey.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
            2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Be very careful doing this. As a builder, if I let you pick out your subs, the responsibility has been transfered to you. There are some TERRIBLE painters and sheetrockers out there. For flooring, I'd go to a Carpet One near you, and tell them your builder sent you. Their builder pricing is good, and I've never had an issue with their service.

Comment

Working...
              X