Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big A View Post
    Surreal experience, isn't it?
    My first quake was the 7.2 Easter quake out here in san diego (the quake actually happened in Mexicali but it rolled San Diego pretty good). I was sitting in my hotel room at the desk when it suddenly shifted to one side.... or maybe it was me in my chair with wheels that shifted the other way LOL....

The room was squeaking and popping and shit was falling over. There was a loud rumbling sound going on too. Being a Texas boy that was unfamiliar with the earth shaking I panicked, and then finally remembered to move under a door frame.

While I was doing this I heard the people outside in the pool laughing...... then I felt foolish

A native Californian explained it to me this way - he said that they actually prefer occasional small earthquakes because it relieves pressure. When one hasn't happened in a while people start to get nervous.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeb View Post
      My first quake was the 7.2 Easter quake out here in san diego (the quake actually happened in Mexicali but it rolled San Diego pretty good). I was sitting in my hotel room at the desk when it suddenly shifted to one side.... or maybe it was me in my chair with wheels that shifted the other way LOL....

The room was squeaking and popping and shit was falling over. There was a loud rumbling sound going on too. Being a Texas boy that was unfamiliar with the earth shaking I panicked, and then finally remembered to move under a door frame.

While I was doing this I heard the people outside in the pool laughing...... then I felt foolish

A native Californian explained it to me this way - he said that they actually prefer occasional small earthquakes because it relieves pressure. When one hasn't happened in a while people start to get nervous.
      We had a smaller 4.x a few months prior, and a couple tremors before that, so the Easter quake wasn't a brand new experience for me, but it was a little un-nerving. From a geological nature loving standpoint, I thought it was pretty damn cool to get to experience it, though I wouldn't want to be in anything big enough to do damage.

Ironically, the only thing bad that happended to me, was a hand-made cross that Sophia had given to me vibrated off the top of the fridge, and broke when it hit the tile.

Comment

I felt the earth quake last week that happend south of San Antonio. My wife had just left for work and I was laying in bed when I heard my Lab start to wimper and then he started grawling. I didn't think nothing of it since my wife had just walked out the door. A few seconds later my bed started shaking as if someone was at the foot of the bed gently shaking it. At first I hopped out of bed thinking some poltergeist shit was going down. At that point I realized my dog was standing up but kind of hunched down grabing into the carpet with his paws. That was my first earth quake and pretty cool. I will say my dog wasn't the same for the about 2hrs after that. He kept grawling and barking at nothing.

Comment

Working...
        X