Yet another stolen vehicle thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another stolen vehicle thread

Last Wednesday grand-paw was at a home depot in dallas when some scumbags people decided that they needed his 2005 F-350 more than he did. Its a 4-door (can't remember if they call that crew or king or whatever) longbed that is the 2 tone grey on top, beige on bottom. Beige interior. Lariat with air ride and a few other upgrades such as a banks turbo intercooler and a banks exhaust. Over 200K miles. I'm pretty sure that was the brand name of the intercooler anyway. I don't know though, I'm not real big into diesels since I don't own one currently.

The address of the Home Depot that it was taken from was 11468 Grissom LN Dallas 75229. Just thought I'd post this up cause I've seen you guys turn up some weird shit in regards to auto theft over the years. Sucks cause he was just an independent contractor that ran a small crew. Like so many others out there I guess. He said this will likely ruin his business and force him into retirement. He's 68 but he said he still feels up to the job and he enjoyed his work. He did have full coverage, but they're only going to pay out $14K which isn't really enough to replace the truck. This truck had of course been outfitted to suit his line of work. With the total losses, he calculates they'd need to pay out more like $25K which of course isn't going to happen. Anyway, thanks for reading, and I'll be keeping up with this thread. On the off-chance that someone here hears anything
    Last edited by SMEGMA STENCH; 10-23-2011, 01:45 PM.

I would stick this, but it happened last week. Hope you guys find it. Chances are it's already parted out and or burned.
    Karussell White - 2010 Genesis Coupe R-Spec 6MT 2.0T -

Comment

That sucks I hope they find it. There are a lot of good guys on here that will be keeping an eye out. I'd bet it's gonna head down south with a load of narcotics. As for insurance I wonder if he could milk them for a little more, they always low ball.

Comment

Yeah there was even a cop in the parking lot when it got stolen. He probly just couldn't see cause he was in his car and it was blocked by other cars in the parking lot. Said he'd been there for the last 45 minutes so he had to have been there since grampy was only in there for 15 min. But he's a little better off than some people since he waited till the max age and can draw full Social Security. That with the money from the truck and Granny's SS, and they should be fine. Got all their stuff paid off about 3 years ago. And now he gets to drop a payment $1,400 a month of bond insurance money that is required for the jobs he was doing. Seeing as how he'll no longer need such insurance. So its not too bad. Still pretty shitty though

Comment

My bet is that it's likely headed to the border, F-series are popular drug-running vehicles.

Comment

Working...
          X