Frequent Flyers Inside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frequent Flyers Inside

We're going to Vegas in February for a convention. The plan was to fly American Eagle out of Tyler Pounds Field, but American Airlines just announced that they're cutting down on the number of weekday flights from now until April. I'm guessing we'll need to buy tickets sooner rather than later, because the prices will most likely increase with the announcement. I just don't know if it would be a better idea to fly out of Tyler or DFW.
    The cost difference between the two was about the gas money to Dallas, so the convenience factor makes Tyler the #1 choice. I just don't want to book a flight that may get canceled.

Thoughts?

Originally posted by Treasure Chest View Post
    We're going to Vegas in February for a convention. The plan was to fly American Eagle out of Tyler Pounds Field, but American Airlines just announced that they're cutting down on the number of weekday flights from now until April. I'm guessing we'll need to buy tickets sooner rather than later, because the prices will most likely increase with the announcement. I just don't know if it would be a better idea to fly out of Tyler or DFW.
    The cost difference between the two was about the gas money to Dallas, so the convenience factor makes Tyler the #1 choice. I just don't want to book a flight that may get canceled.

Thoughts?
    My thought is if they cancel a flight that you booked in advance, then they owe you a free travel voucher.

Comment

Originally posted by Treasure Chest View Post

Thoughts?
      I always check southwest specials first, prices to vegas vary obviously depending on how far out you book.

Comment

They won't cancel flights that are booked unless they have an option to put you on another flight. If they're cutting flights from/to a city, they'll do it with an effective date and not right away. Any pre-booked flights will go out as scheduled unless there's like 7 people on it. Then they may change.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
          My thought is if they cancel a flight that you booked in advance, then they owe you a free travel voucher.
          Very true, but I don't really want to deal with it. Robert and I will be flying with a co-worker that's really high strung as it is, so the less opportunity for her to go batshit crazy, the better.

Comment

If you get stuck in DFW we can all party. If you get stuck in Tyler you'll be in... Tyler.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
              if you get stuck in dfw we can all party. If you get stuck in tyler you'll be in... Tyler.
              lmao!

Comment

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
                They won't cancel flights that are booked unless they have an option to put you on another flight. If they're cutting flights from/to a city, they'll do it with an effective date and not right away. Any pre-booked flights will go out as scheduled unless there's like 7 people on it. Then they may change.
                Both flights are still on Travelocity, and I knew if the cancel, they'll bump to the later flight. Both connect in Dallas, but it's the difference between getting there in the early afternoon, or getting in late.

Comment

I would think you'd get a flight out of Love on Southwest far cheaper than you can fly AA. JMO though. As someone else said, I always check Southwest first.
                  Originally posted by BradM
                  But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                  Originally posted by Leah
                  In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                    I would think you'd get a flight out of Love on Southwest far cheaper than you can fly AA. JMO though. As someone else said, I always check Southwest first.
                    Just depends how you're booking usually if day of or less than a week Kayak.com is best choice if booking far out depending on city Southwest has cheaper flights. I always use my southwest card to get points anyway!

Comment

Southwest isn't normally much cheaper to Vegas (if cheaper at all) from my experience. Spirit is going to be the cheapest, at least it has been lately.

I suggest flying from dfw to Vegas...it's only what like 400? And there will be many more offerings.

Comment

Wasn't your boss going to cover the whole trip? I'd figure he/she should just take care of it all....

That said, check Kayak and book whatever you want. Whatever carrier will honor a paid ticket on one flight or another to get you to your destination same day.

Don't have the inclination to check, but see if Allegiant flies near you. They are dirt cheap to Vegas.

<--- just booked a RT to LAX for next week for $177 on aa.com

Comment

Roscoe that may be cheap only because of price wars with virgin.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                            Roscoe that may be cheap only because of price wars with virgin.
                            It's cheap because flying to LA from DFW is always cheap. Flying to LGA/JFK is ridiculously expensive from DFW, but not from AUS.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                              Southwest isn't normally much cheaper to Vegas (if cheaper at all) from my experience. Spirit is going to be the cheapest, at least it has been lately.

I suggest flying from dfw to Vegas...it's only what like 400? And there will be many more offerings.
                              It's under $300 from DFW and $326 taxes and fees from Tyler. I actually have enough Spirit miles for a free ticket, but after flying them from DFW to Saint Thomas, I have no desire to fly with them again. I've flown quite a bit, and I've never been on a more uncomfortable flight.

Comment

Working...
                              X