Direct TV at Deer Lease?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Direct TV at Deer Lease?

Tell me how this is done. Can I just get a dish and receiver off craigslist and hook it up out there, or do I need to go through Direct TV with my current account? And what about getting local channels in the lease area (Abilene).
    Photobucket

use your current account, and add a receiver. Then take a satellite and that receiver out to the lease.

I used to have a receiver on my account at my buddy's house, and he mowed my lawn every other week for the free tv on my account

Comment

he's right. Dad has boxes at 4 different locations this way
      1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

No freebie way to do it? Not that another reciever would add much.
        Photobucket

Comment

you can just take your receiver from your house you already have.

How would you expect to do it free? somehow the receiver has to go on your account

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
            you can just take your receiver from your house you already have.

How would you expect to do it free? somehow the receiver has to go on your account
            Naw, I'd rather get another reciever from them.

True.
            Photobucket

Comment

I assume that I can use any dish (craigslist), or do I need to get one from them?
              Photobucket

Comment

Originally posted by BlackSnake View Post
                Tell me how this is done. Can I just get a dish and receiver off craigslist and hook it up out there, or do I need to go through Direct TV with my current account? And what about getting local channels in the lease area (Abilene).
                just buy a receiver, extra dish, rig it up, have the receiver activated, boom done. I hooked it up at our deer lease in about 15 mins.

Comment

Originally posted by SMKR View Post
                  just buy a receiver, extra dish, rig it up, have the receiver activated, boom done. I hooked it up at our deer lease in about 15 mins.
                  I believe the extra reciever is like 5/10 bucks a month, but how much for the extra dish?
                  Photobucket

Comment

find a Direct dish on CL
                    1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

Originally posted by BlackSnake View Post
                      I assume that I can use any dish (craigslist), or do I need to get one from them?
                      I have tried this and could not get it to work. I am wondering if the new receivers are married to the LNB's now days. Tried different one and could not get it to work.

Comment

here you go check this out

It took a little while, but DirecTV has finally made good on its promise of an all-in-one portable satellite receiver, officially announcing its Sat-Go unit at CES. Intended for both indoor and outdoor use, the Sat-Go packs a 17-inch LCD monitor into its flip-and-fold design, along with an integrated flat antenna that DirecTV says will let you find line-of-sight with DirecTV satellites "within minutes." Also included is a rechargeable "laptop-style" battery, although the company isn't making any promises on battery life just yet (it'll also run off your vehicle's cigarette lighter with the included adapter, or plain old AC power). While DirecTV hasn't officially announced pricing details, The New York Times is reporting that that the Sat-Go will come in between $1,000 and $1,300 when it launches this spring. Current DirecTV customers will also be able to mirror their service to the Sat-Go for an additional $4.99 per month. The Times also got word from Sat-Go inventor Rick Rosner (who just happens to also be the creator of CHiPs) that DirecTV already has some additional models in the works, including the Sat-Go Pro, with a ruggedized design for use in emergency situations, and the Sat-Go Light, which will weigh in at less than half the Sat-Go's 25 pounds. Those curious about the Sat-Go's various states of foldedness can check out a couple more pics of it in action after the break.Read - DirecTV Press ReleaseRead - New York Times, "Satellite Television in a Portable Box"

now the way to get this you have to already have direct tv service and you have to order on line while on the phone with customer service. its pretty cool cuz it is all in one system. so no extra satellite to dial in to get a picture and you could take it any place as long as you have a clear view to the southern sky.

Comment

also its not the expensive anymoe either.

Comment

Originally posted by michaeldhayes View Post
                            here you go check this out

It took a little while, but DirecTV has finally made good on its promise of an all-in-one portable satellite receiver, officially announcing its Sat-Go unit at CES. Intended for both indoor and outdoor use, the Sat-Go packs a 17-inch LCD monitor into its flip-and-fold design, along with an integrated flat antenna that DirecTV says will let you find line-of-sight with DirecTV satellites "within minutes." Also included is a rechargeable "laptop-style" battery, although the company isn't making any promises on battery life just yet (it'll also run off your vehicle's cigarette lighter with the included adapter, or plain old AC power). While DirecTV hasn't officially announced pricing details, The New York Times is reporting that that the Sat-Go will come in between $1,000 and $1,300 when it launches this spring. Current DirecTV customers will also be able to mirror their service to the Sat-Go for an additional $4.99 per month. The Times also got word from Sat-Go inventor Rick Rosner (who just happens to also be the creator of CHiPs) that DirecTV already has some additional models in the works, including the Sat-Go Pro, with a ruggedized design for use in emergency situations, and the Sat-Go Light, which will weigh in at less than half the Sat-Go's 25 pounds. Those curious about the Sat-Go's various states of foldedness can check out a couple more pics of it in action after the break.Read - DirecTV Press ReleaseRead - New York Times, "Satellite Television in a Portable Box"

now the way to get this you have to already have direct tv service and you have to order on line while on the phone with customer service. its pretty cool cuz it is all in one system. so no extra satellite to dial in to get a picture and you could take it any place as long as you have a clear view to the southern sky.
                            You do realize that, that article is from 2007 right?
                            GIFSoup

Comment

Working...
                            X