Allure of the Grand Canyon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allure of the Grand Canyon

What is the big deal about the Grand Canyon? I have never seen it, but I also don't have a desire to see it either. Sure, if I were in the area, I'd stop by just to say I saw it, but I really don't see the allure of the place. Random topic, I know. Someone in a work chat room just mentioned the place and it go me to thinking. I'd much rather look at the mountains of the Rockies than what is essentially nature's biggest ditch.
    How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Jesus, it's only the biggest God-damn hole in the world

god bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post

god bless.
      You best check your fuckin' tone with me, son.
      How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by The Geofster View Post
        lolz! thats how clark w. griswold described it.

god bless.
        It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Make that the second biggest.
          Originally posted by davbrucas
          I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

You've never seen it. If you have respect for nature and the planet we inhabit, standing in front of it can mentally alter your scope of this world. If you don't, and its just a big ditch to you, I pity you. Because I truly enjoy the sense of awe that some of nature's more inspiring creations give.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
              jody gets it!

Originally posted by Jimbo View Post
              You've never seen it. If you have respect for nature and the planet we inhabit, standing in front of it can mentally alter your scope of this world. If you don't, and its just a big ditch to you, I pity you.
              there are a million and one reasons to pity geor, and the canyon isnt one of them.

god bless.

Comment

I had the same "What's the big deal?" view on it until we (46Tbird and I ) drove my parents' moving truck from DFW to Vegas and took SEVERAL detours. As we rolled up on the South Rim, my first glance at the scene was literally breath taking. Hell, I didn't even know what breath taking really meant until then either. LOL

We took some pictures, Danny fed a freaking squirrel and I found an arrowhead. Fucking gay, yet fucking cool.

Comment

god bless.
                  Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                  Out-freakin-standing, Griswald!

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                    I had the same "What's the big deal?" view on it until we (46Tbird and I ) drove my parents' moving truck from DFW to Vegas and took SEVERAL detours. As we rolled up on the South Rim, my first glance at the scene was literally breath taking. Hell, I didn't even know what breath taking really meant until then either. LOL

We took some pictures, Danny fed a freaking squirrel and I found an arrowhead. Fucking gay, yet fucking cool.
                    so you are saying danny was cheating on you when he went on that trip with eric?\

god bless.

Comment

so you are saying danny was cheating on you when he went on that trip with eric?\

god bless.
                      Nah, Eric can have all the sloppy seconds he desires.

Comment

What is the big deal about the Grand Canyon? I have never seen it, (...)
                        That's your problem right there.

It really is phenomenal, and no one can express quite what it's like to see it for the first time. If you ever get a chance, do it.
                        Men have become the tools of their tools.
                        -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

It is fucking awesome, majestic, beautiful, and will make you feel like a useless single celled organism at the way you live your life after you realize what it took to create it.

Comment

god bless.
                            Originally posted by Denny View Post
                            Nah, Eric can have all the sloppy seconds he desires.

Fuck you both!

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                              It is fucking awesome, majestic, beautiful, and will make you feel like a useless single celled organism at the way you live your life after you realize what it took to create it.
                              ....Or exactly how it was created. Not how most would think.

Comment

Working...
                              X