Car salespeople...inside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car salespeople...inside

This is directed more towards sales managers, or anyone who routinely puts a value on cars. A friend of mine is trying to trade in a 2006 Infinity G-35 sedan. Metallic Red (not sure the name of the color), it isn't a sport, and has 86000 miles. They are trying to trade it in and pick up a Lexus IS250. Just trying to get an idea of what it is worth. It isn't in pristine condition, but it is a far sight better than average. The dealership she is working with won't go any higher than 10,500. Pay off is just under $15000. Just looking for some input from people who are still in the industry. Black book lists good condition at 13750 I believe.
    Originally posted by Leah
    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
    This is directed more towards sales managers, or anyone who routinely puts a value on cars. A friend of mine is trying to trade in a 2006 Infinity G-35 sedan. Metallic Red (not sure the name of the color), it isn't a sport, and has 86000 miles. They are trying to trade it in and pick up a Lexus IS250. Just trying to get an idea of what it is worth. It isn't in pristine condition, but it is a far sight better than average. The dealership she is working with won't go any higher than 10,500. Pay off is just under $15000. Just looking for some input from people who are still in the industry. Black book lists good condition at 13750 I believe.
    Prepare for a fucking....... wait for a shitty rainy day towards the end of the month.

Comment

Looks like she is upside down. Now the only question is by how much.

Comment

Originally posted by FreightTrain View Post
        Looks like she is upside down. Now the only question is by how much.
        Thanks for that shocking revelation. I was looking more for some input on what trades are doing in the current market vs. black book pricing. I would prefer to have an inside on industry trends in the market area before I try and help out.

Comment

Thanks for that shocking revelation. I was looking more for some input on what trades are doing in the current market vs. black book pricing. I would prefer to have an inside on industry trends in the market area before I try and help out.
          You can't help her if she's hooked man, they may not even use black book they may run averages from manheim, figured lowest what you see in black book and take off a grand.

Comment

Stop by Carmax for a second opinion

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
              LOL! Yeah, so they can offer you about 5 grand less than that. Carmax is a fuckin joke.

Comment

Originally posted by onemeangixxer7502 View Post
                You can't help her if she's hooked man, they may not even use black book they may run averages from manheim, figured lowest what you see in black book and take off a grand.
                Really? Last time I worked a car deal a 1500-2000 swing made a huge difference between getting a car in someone's price range and not getting in someone's price range. Upside down or not.

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
                I'm pretty sure that is going to happen next week.

Comment

Really? Last time I worked a car deal a 1500-2000 swing made a huge difference between getting a car in someone's price range and not getting in someone's price range. Upside down or not.

I'm pretty sure that is going to happen next week.
                  Its not about getting them in their range, its about making money and keeping them happy, if you can't bump their monthly payment a few bucks your doing it all wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by onemeangixxer7502 View Post
                    Its not about getting them in their range, its about making money and keeping them happy, if you can't bump their monthly payment a few bucks your doing it all wrong.
                    I've been on the selling side of the desk, and I understand that. However, its not a need its a want. If the numbers don't work out like they want, it wont happen.

This thread isn't about bickering about car sales practice, doing it right or wrong, again, its simply to see what the buying trends are at dealerships. As for the black book comment. I've worked for the auto group. I know what method they use. I also know that in some instances, they will call the owner of the auto group to see if there is more money in the trade. Again, just want to make sure I am not way off base with the numbers I have seen versus the condition of the car.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                      LOL! Yeah, so they can offer you about 5 grand less than that. Carmax is a fuckin joke.
                      Not always... Rreemo got offered just about what he paid for his '10 F150... they offered $1000 more on my old POS Altima then a dealership. Offered $20k on the woman's Mini Cooper when Moritz Mini offered $16500

Comment

my old neighbors were buyers for Carmax (both husband and wife) and they used to tell me how much more they would pay someone for their car over another dealership.

Comment

I keep an eye on G35 sedan pricing (I love mine so much I'm considering putting my wife in one) and while 10,500 may be a little low for a 2006 with that milage, it's not insanely low. There are similar year/milage cars going for 13K retail all over the place. If you take that into consideration, how high do you expect the dealer to go? They plan on making money on that trade in.

In my experience, CarMax can be hit or miss, but in general I think their offers are on the high side.

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                            I keep an eye on G35 sedan pricing (I love mine so much I'm considering putting my wife in one) and while 10,500 may be a little low for a 2006 with that milage, it's not insanely low. There are similar year/milage cars going for 13K retail all over the place. If you take that into consideration, how high do you expect the dealer to go? They plan on making money on that trade in.

In my experience, CarMax can be hit or miss, but in general I think their offers are on the high side.
                            Thanks for an informative post! My friend is looking for 12K for the car. At that point, the deal makes sense, with the savings in fuel mileage versus the bump in payment. I understand dealerships have to turn a profit. Like I mentioned before. I've sold cars, and I've sold cars for that particular dealer. I did a quick search last night and most of what I saw was going for 15-16K with that mileage. If I could find someone willing to buy it outright I would recommend that route. Again, thanks for actually posting something helpful! I think I'm going to stop by on my way to work and see if there is still anyone there I know.

Comment

Comparable to this?

Comment

Working...
                              X