Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McDonald's uses real eggs?

I always assumed they were bagged eggs.

McDonald's will be looking for a new egg supplier for their McMuffins after Mercy For Animals released footage from an undercover investigation of animal cruelty at Sparboe Egg Farms, one of their suppliers.
    More on Food trends

After viewing the footage, McDonald's said in an issued statement that they would no longer be accepting their eggs from Spargoe, and said "the behavior on tape is disturbing and completely unacceptable."

"McDonald's expects all of our suppliers to meet our stringent requirements for delivering high quality food prepared in a humane and responsible manner," McDonald's Vice President of Sustainability Bob Langert, said in the statement.
    The hidden-camera footage shows hens being crammed into wire cages, workers burning the beaks of young chicks without pain killers, live chicks thrown into plastic bags and workers tormenting the animals.

The president and owner of Sparboe issued a letter on the website saying they are launching an internal investigation and management changes have taken place. They said they have identified four employees involved in the activities, and they have been terminated.
    MFA urged the McDonald's Corporation to end its use of eggs from hens in battery cages, and according to their website, there are no federal laws that provide protection for the birds at the factory farm or during slaughter.
    Mercy For Animals is a national non-profit organization that works toward preventing cruelty to farm animals.

They were real 28 years ago...when I worked there.
    sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
    17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
    13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
    86 SVO - Sold
    '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
    01 TJ - new toy - Sold
    65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Arby's meat came from parts of a cow at one point in the process as well.

Comment

This is news?

They're friggin chickens.... my grandmother used to pull them out of the coop, snap their necks, prep em and have em on the table for dinner.

Comment

The eggs that come on the Egg and Sausage McMuffin are real eggs cracked there in the store when they're cooked. The eggs on all the other breakfast sammiches and the ones that come in the breakfast meals (Big, Country, and Deluxe) come in a carton and are pasteurized.

Comment

Yep. I used to work for their distributor Martin Brower about 15 years ago. Big ass cases of them things. It sucked when they got broke, but not near as bad as when a case of the damn Mac Sauce or Conalo oil busted. Holy hell that was messy.

Comment

Lol @ "high quality food" and "McDonald's" in the same sentence.
              Originally posted by BradM
              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
              Originally posted by Leah
              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                Lol @ "high quality food" and "McDonald's" in the same sentence.
                You've obviously never had a McGriddle.
                How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                  The eggs that come on the Egg and Sausage McMuffin are real eggs cracked there in the store when they're cooked. The eggs on all the other breakfast sammiches and the ones that come in the breakfast meals (Big, Country, and Deluxe) come in a carton and are pasteurized.
                  this

the McMuffins are about the closest thing you can get to real food at McD's

Comment

who cares

Comment

Originally posted by Gargamel View Post
                      This is news?

They're friggin chickens.... my grandmother used to pull them out of the coop, snap their necks, prep em and have em on the table for dinner.
                      this is big news to some lefty OWS weirdo with no job and no life.

Comment

Originally posted by The Geofster View Post
                        You've obviously never had a McGriddle.
                        Gag. I can hear u getting fatter...

Comment

Working...
                        X