Big TV repair?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big TV repair?

Any reccomended places to get a HP plasma tv repaired in Ft Worth area? It made a pop and now has only sound and no picture. Thanks for any help.

Do you have an idea what it was? Any manufacturer people you can call?
    Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

No clue what it was. My wife was watching it and heard a loud pop and the picture went out. Looked online and there is a fuse kit but haven't found where to buy it yet. HP tech line was no help.

Comment

There is a place just off of 820 at Trail Lake that a co-worker uses. When her Plasma when bad under the extended warrany, he was who Best Buy sent out also.

Comment

Well after talking to a couple shops it turns out you can't get parts to fix my five year old tv. The model I have has a huge history of failure and HP stopped supporting it. What a bunch of bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by kobuzz View Post
            Well after talking to a couple shops it turns out you can't get parts to fix my five year old tv. The model I have has a huge history of failure and HP stopped supporting it. What a bunch of bullshit.
            Typical. With some manufacturers, they even stop firmware updates (on your current year model) as soon as the new next year spring models are released, e.g., Blu-ray players. Samsung probably being the worst. This business model, of course, is by design to force the consumer to constantly upgrade to keep up with "new features".

Just keep an eye on Newegg for the upcoming black Friday weekend. They are already doing weekly shell shocker deals on HDTVs of various sizes. I've seen some cheap prices. Also, if you don't mind a little spam. Put yourself on the Fry's mailing list. I've got some emails recently for some 1 day or 1 weekend only deals that are pretty damn cheap on name brand gear. Go ahead and take the opportunity to update. Not much else you can do. It's a headache to do what you are trying to do. As you now know. Even Best Buy is advertising some slamming deals on A/V gear for black Friday.
            Last edited by LS1Goat; 11-20-2011, 07:33 AM.

Comment

BB has a 60" (forget brand) for like $700 black Friday deal
              Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
                BB has a 60" (forget brand) for like $700 black Friday deal
                It's a sharp. It has a regular price of 1k. This is the tv I would buy for the money.
                2006 Civic SI
                2009 Pilot
                1988 GT
                CRF50

Widebody whore.

Comment

Originally posted by 3.90x3.62 View Post
                  Typical. With some manufacturers, they even stop firmware updates (on your current year model) as soon as the new next year spring models are released, e.g., Blu-ray players. Samsung probably being the worst. This business model, of course, is by design to force the consumer to constantly upgrade to keep up with "new features".
                  Yep. My 57" mitsubishi DLP had a ballast board go bad, and it's unobtanium. The TV is only a few years old, but now i'm trying to figure out how to get rid of it.

Comment

i'll probably buy my next tv from costco, you end up getting 5 year warranty for 99 bucks

Comment

Jim Gunter on Camp Bowie...have used him twice (both in-warranty that the manufacturers use)

GIFSoup

Comment

Working...
                      X