Rhodesian ridgeback puppies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rhodesian ridgeback puppies

Looking for a good reputable breeder in DFW.

We would rescue but part of the deal w the wifey was that she wants to be able to train from the puppy stage and not have to break old habits.

Anyone have a good contact?

Already decided it will be named Watson after AJ Watson

cool dog.

Comment

don't limit yourself to DFW

we shopped breeders before we bought our dog for a good while. we ended up getting him from Washington
      http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Great dogs! Real mellow, but can be playful(when you want) and very protective of the family unit.

We got the pup I had as a kid from Juba Lee in roanoke/keller, he really was a great dog, but the owner was a complete nut. Wanting to show him all the time, and shes just pretty weird in general, id stay away. Just watch for all the common big dog issues, and the breed is somewhat prone to tumors later on in life too, we ended up having to put ours down at 13 due to a large tumor on his lymph nodes that couldnt be removed.

I really would suggest rescues if theres any around here, I think Mike's(fitzwell) was a rescue, and weve always had good luck with our Great Danes from rescue groups.

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
          Looking for a good reputable breeder in DFW.

We would rescue but part of the deal w the wifey was that she wants to be able to train from the puppy stage and not have to break old habits.

Anyone have a good contact?

Already decided it will be named Watson after AJ Watson
          My wife's aunt runs the Texas Independent Rhodesian Ridgeback Rescue in Paradise. PM me if you're interested in contact info.

Comment

Welcome to the ranks and good choice! Rhodesians are awesome animals.
            www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Shop rescues. You can find puppies in rescues and it's the puppy time of year!

Comment

Originally posted by Pooter View Post
                Great dogs! Real mellow, but can be playful(when you want) and very protective of the family unit.

We got the pup I had as a kid from Juba Lee in roanoke/keller, he really was a great dog, but the owner was a complete nut. Wanting to show him all the time, and shes just pretty weird in general, id stay away. Just watch for all the common big dog issues, and the breed is somewhat prone to tumors later on in life too, we ended up having to put ours down at 13 due to a large tumor on his lymph nodes that couldnt be removed.

I really would suggest rescues if theres any around here, I think Mike's(fitzwell) was a rescue, and weve always had good luck with our Great Danes from rescue groups.
                X 2 on a rescue. Katie is a Katrina survivor, and a great dog. Took her about 2 hours to get used to a two year old jacking with her.. about a week to break her of the "counter surfing" habit. She's smart as hell, and good with people, when i'm around. If i'm not in sight, or not home, she's not a friendly dog. Ask Oldman & Moody...

Comment

Watson will be coming home Dec 10

Comment

Congrats.

Rhodesians are very cool dogs. Got one warming my feet right now.

Comment

cute pup!

god bless.
                      It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

We got a rhodesian as a rescue when he was a pup and he is 13 right now. He has been a great dog and wouldn't hesitate to get another one.
                        Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting “Holy shit, what a ride!”

Comment

Working...
                        X