Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stevo View Post
    http://news.yahoo.com/depleted-texas...ther_multiline

One of the 2163 comments at the bottom of the page.

Stevo
    Found it: Mike
    28Thumbs UpThumbs Down19
    Mike • Weatherford, United States • Yesterday Report Abuse

All the while Rick Perry buries his head in the sand and pretends the climate is not changing. All in the name of big oil. That is the true shame here.
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
      28Thumbs UpThumbs Down19

All the while Rick Perry buries his head in the sand and pretends the climate is not changing. All in the name of big oil. That is the true shame here.
      This is the best response from the few that I read. It's too bad people like good ole' Mike from Weatherford conveniently skip over replies such as this, instead of diving head first into the absurd.

20 Replies

126Please sign in to rate!Please sign in to rate!5Old Vet • Fort Lauderdale, United States • Yesterday

Tough times in Texas . Cattle industry is in deep trouble. takes a lot of water every day to keep a one cow alive and they ahve millions of them . They are losing them by the thousands and selling off all they can . Still it isn't as bad as it was in the 1930's . The whole midwest was a dustbowl back then . There was severe drought for years the wind came and actually blew the dry top soil farm land away from the nations bread basket in clouds of dust so huge they blotted the sun and moved east , the dust storms could be seen on the east coast . Dirty dust was in everything everywhere farmers gave up broke and moved east or west looking for any work they could scrounge up with families and all they owned on whatever form of transportation they had by the tens of thousands and the country was in the middle of the Great Depression at the same time with 33 % unemployment . Bad as it is in Texas today and it is very bad it's not close to the dust bowl years. Good luck to them all .
      If you never heard of the dust bowl years there are films and pictures and descriptions on line it's amazing how anyone survived but they did.
      25 Replies

Comment

Reading the responses to any Yahoo story makes me want to say "Fuck it" and move to another country. It's scary to think these people are out there somewhere.
        - Darrell

1993 LX - Reef Blue R331ci
        1993 Cobra #199 - SOLD

Comment

What we now know as the Sahara used to be the most fertile land on the planet. That damned Rick Perry!
          When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
            What we now know as the Sahara used to be the most fertile land on the planet.
            That is no shit...I always found it interesting the bones from ancient Whales, among other extinct water speciies, they've found in the Sahara....yet now its the deadest place on the planet. Makes you realize just how much we don't know about our rock.
            70' Chevelle RagTop
            (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
              28Thumbs UpThumbs Down19

Actually, it was something along the lines of Rick Perry burying his parents under that lake and him being happy about it or some crap.

Stevo
              Originally posted by SSMAN
              ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                What we now know as the Sahara used to be the most fertile land on the planet. That damned Rick Perry!
                Yup, ask the global warming zealots about the Earth changing on it's own without any influence from man, like how the Sahara Desert formed 5000 years ago in the period of only about 200 years. You can almost hear the gears stripping in their heads.

Stevo
                ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Yup, ask the global warming zealots about the Earth changing on it's own without any influence from man, like how the Sahara Desert formed 5000 years ago in the period of only about 200 years. You can almost hear the gears stripping in their heads.

Stevo
                  Dinosaur farts caused global warming!

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
                    We were out at Whitney this weekend. I think it's 16 or 17 feet low. There is a ton of exposed land that should be underwater. We joked about going out there and looking for cool shit like arrowheads and whatnot. I'm glad we didn't!
                    I actually read about the looting at Whitney while we were there. I even told Jerry about it. I came across it when I was looking for the lake levels.

Comment

What county road will get me to this bottom land that is exposed?

Comment

How the hell is this looting ? If you hook a shoe fishing and you keep it ,is that looting ?

Comment

Originally posted by SOLOW55 View Post
                          How the hell is this looting ? If you hook a shoe fishing and you keep it ,is that looting ?
                          Fucking pigs don't have shit else to do

Comment

Originally posted by 78X View Post
                            Fucking pigs don't have shit else to do
                            When I lived in Whitney, they had five cops plus a police chief for a town with a population of less than 1600.

Stevo

Comment

When I lived in Whitney, they had five cops plus a police chief for a town with a population of less than 1600.

Stevo
                              That's barely enough to have more than one duty 24/7.

Comment

Stevo
                                Yeah, moving to a town with 2900ish people at they have 12 law enforcement.

With that said, it's a long 75 so I'm sure they keep themselves busy and I'd rather someone be on-shift all hours.

Chili has a point, but I know what you're saying. We all know people who live in small towns where basically the county/state take care of it. I'd rather see them on-duty though.
                                Originally posted by MR EDD
                                U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Working...
                                X