Camera pros in here plz...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camera pros in here plz...

What is the best camera for around $300 or less? We have a couple of digital cameras but none of them take "crisp" pictures as my wife would say. Thanks in advance.
    Originally posted by grove rat
    shiiiiiit.. i love em thick

There was a used rebel T1i on craigslist with a 18-55 and 75-300 lens kit soft case and extra battery they were askin $400 . I know it's a little high but haggle and it's a hell of a deal .
    The only difference between a tax man and a taxidermist is that the taxidermist leaves the skin. -- Mark Twain

Comment

For a little more, you can pick up a Canon SX40 HS. Check those out.

Comment

The Canon Powershot S95 would be a good camera for the price range. If you could wing 100 more you could get one of the hybrids or a lower level DSLR

Comment

My wife is leaning towards this one:

Nikon S9100 review, find out how the S9100 stacks up against the competition in our real-world review with in-depth image quality comparisons.

I think I could swing the wife another $100.00 or if it is worth it. We had a Nikon D60 with a badass lense until we decided to take our 100 lb dog canoeing with us. He decided that he wanted out of the canoe and took us, the camera, two droid x phones and other items in with him. Sooooo she doesn't want to spend another $800+ on a camera. Thanks for the recommendations guys.
          Originally posted by grove rat
          shiiiiiit.. i love em thick

Comment

Camera pros and sub $300 don't really go together I can't say I have any recommendations. That's point and shoot money.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I did a lot of research and feel tests on the pocket zoom travel cameras over the summer and decided to get the Canon Powershot SX230 HS based on the reviews and the in-hand feel. I plan to get a diving case for it so I wasn't interested in anything that had a touch screen system. The Nikon has a slightly better zoom than the Canon but the Canon has better colors and seems to work better in lower light...it also takes fantastic 1080p video. The S95 will definitely give you better pics IF you know how to use it, but it has a very weak zoom lens and only takes 720p video (if you care). If you look around you can find some really good deals on the Canon I have (Costco has a pretty good price on it). Also...the S95 has been superceded by the S100 and now has GPS and 1080p video...but I also read it has TERRIBLE battery life.

Comment

Originally posted by V8tt View Post
                My wife is leaning towards this one:

Nikon S9100 review, find out how the S9100 stacks up against the competition in our real-world review with in-depth image quality comparisons.

I think I could swing the wife another $100.00 or if it is worth it. We had a Nikon D60 with a badass lense until we decided to take our 100 lb dog canoeing with us. He decided that he wanted out of the canoe and took us, the camera, two droid x phones and other items in with him. Sooooo she doesn't want to spend another $800+ on a camera. Thanks for the recommendations guys.
                A friend has one of these:

A leading global manufacturer focused on commercial print and advanced materials & chemicals. We believe in the power of technology and science to enhance…

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                  Camera pros and sub $300 don't really go together I can't say I have any recommendations. That's point and shoot money.
                  Some of these point and shoots are really coming along. $300 is still a little low, though.

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                    My thoughts as well. You can get an entry level D-SLR for around $500 that will satisfy most amateur enthusiasts, or one step up from that level for anywhere between $5-700 and you'll get a lot better bang for your buck and a better long term investment, imho.

If you're just going to go with a point and shoot I would make it simple and go to your preferred store and try them out and see which one fits your needs the best, takes the best pictures, etc.

Comment

Thats funny, my first DSLR and iPhone both met their demise on a Kayak trip so I feel your pain. Someone said it here, 300 is point and shoot money but you can really get some good point and shoots these days for 300. I would definitely stick with Canon or Nikon. The canon T3 is a pretty decent entry level camera for around 500 if you can swing up that much. If not you can look for used or refurbished cameras for cheaper

Comment

There was a rebel t2i on CL for 500? just the other day. As for a nice sharp photo a good lens will go a long way..

Comment

Working...
                        X